Broken Slack Integration

• 6 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I tried to share my new Miro board using Slack.  When I first clicked on the “Slack” link it asked me to authorize and I realized after the fact that I authorized the wrong workspace in Slack.  Now, when I try to “add” someone from Slack, it gives me a list of people that are not in any of my Slack workspaces.  E.g. one time it gave me only addresses at a local university.  After I logged out and logged back in, it is giving me another different random list of people -- definitely people I have never interacted with.

How can I “reset” the Slack integration so I can re-authorize it for the correct workspace, which should hopefully fix the problem?

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Patrick Pritchard,
Thanks for sharing!

We’ve converted your post into a ticket because this particular case requires further investigation. Rest assured soon you will be approached by Customer Support Team!

I don’t think this has been fixed, because I’ve been trying to connect miro to slack, I start from the organization I want to connect it to, after authorization, it always switches to another slack organization and not the one I authorized initially which causes this error
“Invalid permissions requested
unapproved_scope”

Was there ever a fix to this? I can’t get the Slack integration to activate at all, even if I click the “Connect App” from here https://miro.com/marketplace/slack-app/ it just says “App was not authorised.”

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @kate123456,
We’ve replied to you by email. Looking forward to hearing back!