board privacy/security - password protection

• 1 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Guys - we are using Miro boards to capture information which could potentially be sensitive in nature (mainly healthcare related) - is there any way / or are there any plans to password protect boards? - this is really a ‘must have’ in terms of academic research ethics.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Don McIntyre -

While you can’t add passwords to boards themselves, the sharing access control model should ensure that only the folks you want to access a board are able to. 

Kiron

Userlevel 3

thanks @Kiron Bondale , though surely someone with a ‘read only’ link could forward that to someone else right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

As far as I know, unless they have access to the board OR you have enabled anonymous guest access, they wouldn’t be able to access it even if they did receive (or somehow figure out) the URL.

Kiron

Userlevel 3

@Kiron Bondale out of interest, tell me this; having shared a board publicly - will that link always take any user to the board? i.e. is there any way a Board can be made private or the link rescinded? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes @Don McIntyre , you can definitely take away anonymous guest editor access to the board (see below):