Answered

Basic Line tool

• 1 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Anyone know how to draw a straight vertical or horizontal line on the board?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 1 July 2021, 18:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sure @Ruben Ocampo -

Use the line tool icon, select the first option (no arrows), and when you draw the line hold down the shift key so that it will only give you lines at angles of 45 degrees.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Sure @Ruben Ocampo -

Use the line tool icon, select the first option (no arrows), and when you draw the line hold down the shift key so that it will only give you lines at angles of 45 degrees.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale ….. What do you mean by the "Line Tool"? The "Connection Line"? II've been trying to use it but I have many issues since it always try to stick to those object connection dots. Is there a way to use it as a real line tool?

Thanks

Fabio

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Fabio Barreiro -

Yes, that’s the tool I meant - the line/arrow tool from the left-vertical toolbar. You can start a line from any point on a shape, or even by itself without connecting it to a shape, and you can then connect it to any other point on a different shape or end it without connecting it.

Kiron

I am giving a response to this post as I believe there is a better solution to creating lines, as long as they are not to connect two objects. It's as easy as selecting the app: IconFinder and typing in the search bar: 'line' there you have options for lines that are an image, so it allows you to move it freely and rotate it as you wish.

I was using my solution but I found many issues. So it can work but depending on the case. Sorry!

After 2 years, drawing a simple line is such a hustle in Miro! Great app but a terrible UX