Answered

"@user" in cards or alternate long-form discussion?

• 8 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Active Contributor
  • 21 replies

One of the things that I feel is lacking in Miro is an easy way to have "long-form" discussions.  I am coming from Basecamp where the discussions were more a bulletin board type of posting.  I am trying to find a smooth, efficient way to have similar conversations in Miro.  These discussions usually relate to individual images or full frames.  Cards seem like the most logical way, but I can't "@" someone to get their attention.

Any immediate ideas?

We also do a lot of project discussions in Slack, but it isn't tied to an individual board.  If possible, it would be best to do this all in Miro without plugging in an alternate app, though I guess I could create a Google Doc and have it accessible from inside of Miro, and I could @ people there.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 8 July 2020, 16:54

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

My team adds a comment to cards where we need to mention people using “@”.

Userlevel 4

My team adds a comment to cards where we need to mention people using “@”.

Thanks, we do this as well.  I am still hoping for something that is more suited to long-form conversation.  

Userlevel 4

Comments work for quick communication that is roughly the length of a text thread but are not really suited for long-form communication that requires several paragraphs of text.  

The other problem with comments is that they seem to be designed to be dismissed, and not stay part of the board for the length of its lifespan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Why not the chat feature within a board? You can link to specific items/objects on that (or any) board. I was going to suggest a board's Notes lane, but I just tried to mention someone with '@' and mentions don't appear to work in the Notes pane.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Have you looked into using Visual Notes with your team @TRS?

One of the things that I feel is lacking in Miro is an easy way to have "long-formdiscussions. I am coming from Basecamp. A suggested format for team meetings agendas is: New hire announcements, bonuses, promotions, and other celebrations

In a card sorting session, participants organize topics into categories that make sense to them and they may also help you label these groups. Also, the text should not be too long to read closely in the allotted amount.