Add specific dates on board

• 26 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi! 

I would like to add 12 dates to the board and then have a kind of grid under it! (It’s to plan screenings during a film festival)

And I was wondering whether this can be done automatically? 

And then I also have a newbie question: how can I resize the post its to exactly the same as the cells in a table (or viceversa)? 

Thanks in advance!

Daria

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Daria Fretto - Hello and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

I would like to add 12 dates to the board and then have a kind of grid under it! (It’s to plan screenings during a film festival)

And I was wondering whether this can be done automatically? 

There is no out-of-the-box functionality in Miro to do this.

If your dates are consecutive, you could enter them into a spreadsheet and copy-and-paste the cells into Miro where they will be created as sticky notes:

And then I also have a newbie question: how can I resize the post its to exactly the same as the cells in a table (or viceversa)? 

Again, there is no way to do this.

You could, however

1. size one sticky note to either S, M, or L
  2. make a single column table and adjust your Table cell size to match your sticky note
  3. add as many more columns as you need
  4. and then multi-select all of your remaining sticky notes using Shift+drag and make them all the same size

After I type all of that, I would just you consider not even using tables. Instead, try Frames with Grid mode turned on:

Once you make one frame, you can easily Duplicate it using Ctrl/Cmd+D.

Hi Robert,

Oooh, thank you very much!!

Have a nice day,

Daria

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Daria Fretto - You’re welcome! I had another thought… Frames are one of the very few objects in Miro where there is some logic applied during the copying/duplication. If the name of the frame ends in a numerical value (with no additional spaces after it), Miro will add a “1” to the end. So, if I create a Frame titled “Aug 1” and duplicate it, I will get Aug 2, Aug 3, etc.

Note: It will continue after Aug 31 to Aug 32, 33, 34, etc. - you would have to rename Aug 32 to Sep 1 and continue duplicating.
in this example I am using the Ctrl+D shortcut to Duplicate my Aug 1 frame:

Ohoo that’s such a good idea! Thanks for everything!

How can I add a date object which is visible in different formats to different team members according to their region/countries. 

How can I add a date object which is visible in different formats to different team members according to their region/countries.

Like in a text-field: Version from 12.07.2022 / Last edited [today] by [user]
formatted according to region
Dynamic according the last edit and according to region.
Is this possible?