Answered

Add shared board to project

• 30 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

I have created a "project" in miro for a new project. In it I can now invite members and add boards. However, in this project we are also working with an agency. The designers there have already created a miro board that we have guest access to. We would like to link this board to our project, so that all project-relevant boards are in one place. 
But so far I can't find a way to do this. Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot!
Julia

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 30 June 2021, 14:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julia Lenzen -

You can’t create a link in a project as a project is just a container for boards. Unless the designers are willing to let you duplicate the board within your project and use that copy as the “master” this wouldn’t be feasible.

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale ,

Thank you very much for your answer. That I really can not add links to boards, that do not belong to our team, to a project, I had feared. It would have been too nice if really all boards belonging to the project would have been in one place in miro.
A copy doesn't make sense for us either, because there is still work going on in the board. But would have been an option otherwise.

Julia

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julia Lenzen -

The only workaround I might suggest is to create a new board within your project and embed a URL link within that board to the “external” board created by the designers. It will take two clicks but at least that way your team members can easily navigate to the external board.

Of course, they could also just bookmark the URL for that external board within their web browsers.

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

exactly this workaround we have used.

Thanks again!
Julia