Collecting Client Feedback in Miro?

• 5 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well.

Wanted to bring up something we’ve been discussing at my company lately - the best ways to collect client feedback. This is primarily pertaining to things in development, as in design we just use Figma comments. Also pertaining to videos.

We use a spreadsheet and have honed it over time. It works pretty well for us, but doesn’t allow for in-situ commenting the way Figma does.

I’m curious if anyone in this group has moved their feedback collection over into Miro? Or any other tools you use that have helped streamline your process?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @Michelle Murphy!

At my company, we use Usabilla for direct feedback (and surveys, to some extent). Meaning we have a “Give feedback” button on the website.

For usability tests and qualitative interviews we've used Miro quite a lot though! We usually create impact maps, add hypotheses and so on, and then add the feedback from tests and interviews. The best thing about that workflow is that you can put the feedback in the correct context, and you get a pretty good overview of it all.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Oooh @Henrik Ståhl do you have a template you use / have submitted in Miro? Would love to see that!

Also going to watch some Usabilla videos now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Michelle Murphy Unfortunately not, they tend to be quite messy. 😅 But that’s a great idea, I’ll see if I can put something together!

Can’t say I recommend Usabilla from a technical perspective (it’s horrible and my developers hate it 😂), but the content managers and UX designers – i.e, the primary users of the tool – have been satisfied with it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hahaha I can see that - when I looked into it I can see how it might cause some dev issues. I like the concept of collecting that feedback throughout staging sites, though. Our team is definitely investigating - keep me posted if you end up with a Miro template!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Michelle Murphy Something to keep in mind with those kind of tools is that you mostly get negative feedback – a sourpuss always feels more inclined to leave feedback than the positive ones. 🤷‍♀️

Will definitely keep you posted on the potential template!

@Henrik Ståhl I am reading this topic now and see you were working on a template for feedback collection on Miro. I am very curious as well! Or can you post screenshots of how you process (empty/fake) feedback on your Miro board? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We just started using this a few months ago! https://vercel.com/blog/introducing-commenting-on-preview-deployments