Trip planning, new apartment design and other unusual Miro use cases 🎡

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

Do you use Miro outside work? 

We already have examples of creating games on the board 🎲 drawing 🎨 writing a novel 📚

I’ve heard people use Miro to create moodboards, plan their trips, brainstorm on the design of a new apartment, plan a dream wedding…

Please share your examples in the comments! Attach screenshots of your boards if possible :heart_eyes:

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Life-Planning Board:

My wife and I move from Boston, Mass. to Denver, Colorado next week (our house is in boxes now). Earlier this year, we worked through the process of ‘envisioning where we want to live’ and used Miro to layout our sentiment, vision, resources, ideas, research questions,  plans and tasks, etc. We’ve been calling it our “Life Planning Board”: 

We’ve got photos from an autumn trip to Colorado to capture the mood.  An inside joke on the left under objective: “nothing but good vibes”.  We’ve embedded spreadsheets and maps with prospective towns and neighborhoods, rankings of our values and desires, research questions, and maps of amenities and things we find interesting about potential locations.  We have photos of notebooks after a personal reflection / vision process we conducted for our selves. And as we’ve moved into action (bottom right) we’ve got some gantt charting to sort out task sequence, some to-do lists, and a ‘who should we get to know in our new home” list.  

I’m the primary Miro enthusiast in the household. But you’ll be happy to know that my wife has this board’s link on the bookmarks bar of her browser. 

Maybe we’ll update the board with photos from the move and report back an update :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow!!! Max, this is awesome :heart_eyes: It is so well-structured, and creative! And interesting!

I’m sure your example will inspire a lot of people :dizzy:

Userlevel 2

Here is a board my wife and I used to plan our Europe trip - we planned our schedule, reservations & organized our travel docs:

Here is a closer view of the schedule: 

Userlevel 5

Here’s what was created for our visit to SXSW. We wanted to give visitors that came to our Miro booth an Austin, TX Survival Guide.

Created this with @Andrew Reese and it was so much fun! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow - these are really cool ideas! I’ll have to use Miro for my next trip which pandemic-considered might be a year or so for now. Till then, I may use it to help organize all the stuff I’ve got to get done before we pick up our new puppy :poodle: !

Kiron

Userlevel 5

Wow - these are really cool ideas! I’ll have to use Miro for my next trip which pandemic-considered might be a year or so for now. Till then, I may use it to help organize all the stuff I’ve got to get done before we pick up our new puppy :poodle: !

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Yay for new puppies! Please share pictures with us :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Here you go @Brittni (BTW, I DID actually consider naming him “Miro” :grinning: )

Userlevel 4

Wow, these are really cool use cases! Great inspiration for what I could use Miro for as I come to better learn and understand the platform!

Michael Sohn

Here is a board my wife and I used to plan our Europe trip - we planned our schedule, reservations & organized our travel docs:

This is amazing, I will use this as inspiration and use Miro boards when organising international travel for myself and my team - seems like a great go-to place for itineraries and is much easier on the eye than typing something up in word!

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Olena Avramenko  should share her home renovation project board here! :)

Badge

@Olena Avramenko  should share her home renovation project board here! :)

Yes, sure! I can’t share the board itself, as it is a lot of personal information there:) But here the screen to give you sense how it looks like - 

Together with my construction company we branstormed on bathroom design and kitchen update. I also created a moodboard with style to tune them before the meeting.