Answered

Why does the A4 frame size vary in size?

• 25 March 2020
  • 7 replies

I created a bunch of objects and then added them to a frame with a custom size. Later I changed one frame size to A4, and then the one next to it to A4 as well. One is larger in size than the other one. I thought A4 would have been a fixed frame size. Instead, it appears that it is a ratio. See the example below:

icon

Best answer by Marina 30 March 2020, 15:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Peter, thanks for mentioning it!

You are right, A4 (as well as iPad, Web, 4:3, etc) is a ratio, that’s why the size may differ. I have shared your feedback with the team though :wink:  

Thanks @Marina.  

I get the same problem with other ratios as well. This changes e.g. the font size needed, width of the pencil when zooming in. Would be great to get some tips on how to work around this. 😊👍

Userlevel 4

Be good to know whats happening with framesize

DON’T call it A4 if its actual a 1:1.41 or 70.70% ratio

i was very bemused (and then quiet frustrated after failing to get an accurate result) - to find that creating an A4 frame, putting content into it and creating a pdf does not result in an a4 page

There are MANY ways miro behaves in a way that is just inexplicable

y plea would be for them to be tidied up

Can I suggest in this case that creating a frame called “A4” creates a bounded area at will at 100% magnification, when created as a pdf matches the ‘standard A4 size defined by ISO - by all means allow the user to resize either maintaining aspect ratio or not (in which case perhaps change the designation to custom’ or ratio x:y but DON’T create a frame that is not a4 when the a4 option is selected!

It should be renamed as "A - series” or something.  

The A series paper sizes all have a common ration of 1:√2

A4 is a particular size in that ratio - specifically 1/(2^4) m^2 

No doubt Miro, what are you guys doing? The whole idea of exporting is relative to size, particularly when it comes to print. Why is it so hard to get accuracy in this regard? And where are all of the other useable options, arch a, b, c, d paper sizes, etc?

This is hard to believe you guys haven’t got this figured out yet.

I’m sorry, but surely this is a bug.

It needs to be made clear in the UI that A4 means ratio, not what everyone understands as A4 paper size.

Or even better, make A4 mean the commonly understood A4 paper size.