[RESOLVED] Line anchor is changed after JIRA task is updated

• 27 March 2020
  • 6 replies

I paste a JIRA Coud URL in Miro and get a card:

Then I add a line anchored to the card’s right side:

After JIRA task is updated (e.g. status changes) the line gets anchored to the card’s top right corner:

Is this expected or did I find a bug and should submit a ticket? Is there anything on my side I can do to prevent this behaviour? We use Miro as a daily board and when all the lines are moved like that, it often gets unreadable.

Wes.W 3 years ago

Just a heads up to the community: Based on my testing, the fix does not appear to remedy previously created Jira Card/Line connections, however it does appear solved for newly created ones. Thank you Miro for getting this sorted out!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Igor Rogatty, thanks for reaching out!

This is not expected and I’m going to convert your topic to a support ticket, the Support team will get back to you via email.

This behavior occurs for me as well. I have tried using different connector lines, but the result appears the same regardless. This is a wonderful tool for complex projects, but this issue makes the feature almost unusable as the changing lines quickly turn a board into a spaghetti monster.

Are there any updates to this issue or is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Thank you!

Additional examples:

Example 1 Before update:

Example 1 After update:

Example 2 Before update:

Example 2 After update:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Wes.W,

I’m afraid no news so far, the issue is still in the investigation phase. Will you please submit a ticket to the Support Team? This will give them more details about the issue. Thanks! 

I have submitted a support ticket. Thank you for the reply!

It’s now fixed 🎉

Thanks!

Just a heads up to the community: Based on my testing, the fix does not appear to remedy previously created Jira Card/Line connections, however it does appear solved for newly created ones. Thank you Miro for getting this sorted out!