Answered

Can't create a new board

• 27 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I had a previous account with RealTimeBoard but (I don’t think) had never created a board. Recently a colleague invited me to one of his team’s boards and revived my interest in using this platform. Except I can’t see a way to create a new board of my own. I seem to be “stuck” in his team area. (His team’s name is all I see on the upper left hand side of my window). I’m on the free account.

Any idea as to how I can both still contribute to his board for his team, but also find the area to create boards of my own? I am attaching a screenshot of my screen for clarity.

Thanks!

Beth

icon

Best answer by Marina 29 March 2020, 14:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @bcb3000, it’s great to have you back! :relaxed:

You can try to leave this team and then the pop up will appear suggesting you to create a new team. If you want to be in this team plus to have your own, please reach out to our Support team, they will create one for you. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I was able to leave the board (the Miro instructions on how to leave the team aren’t correct) and that now has allowed me to create my own team and 3 boards on the free profile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for your reply! You are right, leaving the board here is a better solution. :thumbsup_tone2:

What do you mean saying that the instructions aren’t correct? I manage the Help Center as well, so it would be cool to hear your feedback :relaxed:

I believe it was the details on the How to Leave a Team article, but I can’t quite remember. https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026524453-How-to-Leave-a-Team

Because I didn’t have any boards of my own when someone from another team invited me to their board, I had to leave their board in order to leave their team and be able to create my own team. I didn’t see the option to leave the team when I clicked on the team name (button with gear) on the left hand upper side of the screen. But I was able to leave the board and that allowed me to leave their team. Hope this helps.

Are you not allowed to be part of someone else’s paid team and also have a free team on the free version of Miro?

Hi, under, one of my team we were not able to create any new boards, we have office version and pay for our services can you please take a look into the issue