Writing on a PDF

• 28 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello. I tutor math and often upload a multi page homework pdf. When I write on page one, then change the page, the writing is still visible on top of page 2 (as an overlay). I can erase it, but then it is also erased from page 1.

Second problem - I have great difficulty paging through the pdf on the IPad, but not on the PC. Any suggestions? When on the IPad, when I click on the PDF, the page turner does not show up. 

Last question - I have difficulty finding where I last wrote on the page? Any suggestions - is there a home button that takes you back!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jean Marie Stein -

You will want to use the extract page feature to extract all the pages as separate objects and then you can annotate each separately. If you don't do that, the updates you make will be "floating" on top of the whole PDF and won't be page-specific.

Miro does remember where you last were on a board and takes you back there but not which specific page of an imported document you were looking at. The extract page feature might help with this too.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Last question - I have difficulty finding where I last wrote on the page? Any suggestions - is there a home button that takes you back!

@Jean Marie Stein :

The click on the Board-History Button on the buttom-navigation can help:

By clicking this button you can see all of your activities - I use this button often to see what I have done on specific dates with my clients:

Michael

Thank you so much! This solved the problem!

I wonder if you have a suggestion for me - I have 20-30 private students who are all working on different topics from different schools. I would like each one to have their own board to work with me rather than one board that we meet on. Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jean Marie Stein :

The solution could be a project with different sites included that are all linked together:

For this you add under “Projects” a “New Project” and name it (I choosed “DifferentSchools”)

And there I added new miro boards.

You have one main-site where you start your session with (f.e. all your schools have the same starting point all togehter - and after a time you leave every group into their own boards, so they can work together:

And after a time everyone should return to the main-site of the project:

This is what it could look like:

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jean Marie Stein - Here's more info on making boards "private", so only you can see them, then adding individual members to the board.

As Michael mentioned, you could also use projects, e.g., you could create a project for each student, add them as a member to that project, and then they will automatically see all boards that you add to that project. 

https://community.miro.com/miro-for-work-48/about-private-board-5752?postid=24054#post24054