SSO: Managing Free vs Paid Accounts

• 22 September 2020
  • 2 replies

We have recently set up SSO with our org on a business plan.  We have a limited number of editor licenses.

I’d like a bit of a run through how MIRO handles users that are added through the SSO portal.  We don’t want to give all users an editor account, as not all need it however it seems that through SSO provisioning they are only able to be added as editors.

Can someone help share some wisdom on this topic?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos T,

While it is impossible on the Business Plan, our Enterprise plan has more flexible tools to manage users and licenses. Please let us know if you are interested :slight_smile:

@Carlos T We are on an Enterprise account, so I’m not sure if it would work, but our new users come in as Free Restricted (view and comment only). 

Since you can freely move licenses around, you can just take the licenses from the new users and give them to the correct ones. When you don’t have any licenses to give, they should come in at the free level (I think).

We also used Day passes to manage this when we were on the Business tier. We had a few hundred and I would just move licenses from the idle people to the people that were eating up day passes ($3 each at that level).