Miro MindMaping for Business Book Structuring?

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi I’m a long term mindmapper. Thrilled to see Mindmapping in Miro and want to use it. Has anyone found a way to use it to create Business Book Outlines or Structures? 

This is one I created in MindManager - its great as a stand alone but has very limited team and sharing functionality. Miro is much better at that. But so far I can only find ‘tree’ or left to right branching map formats. 

Anyone managed to create a map like this top down one in Miro? Thank you. 

Mindmanager top down book structure

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jennifer Kenny :

Years ago I’ve worked with MindManager before I used iMindMap (now Ayoa).

It’s sad for me to say but so true:

You can’t compete the rudimentary MindMapping functions of miro with one MindMappig program because of different points:

• No collapsible branches / No option to bring a picture into the center of your MindMap or to add pictures to the branches itself.

OK - Yes, you can build yourself a grapic oriented thing manually but there are no ways to make the structure collapsible because you like to have more overview …

If you go with the MindMapping tool you get something like this:

Or if you go with manual working you will get this:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/collapsible-branches-on-the-mind-maps-171?postid=19510#post19510

• You cannot change the optical output of a MindMap with one click of a button:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/import-mind-maps-from-other-apps-111?postid=11602#post11602

• You  cannot change the textformat of the MindMap and in the branches itself not even the fontsize:

This is a wish - not possible till now
  • You cannot have pictures in the center of your MindMap that automaticly going with your center without manually group it:

• Or working with additional text elements to “fake” a design

Every reason why someone works with a MindMapping program:

• Unleash creativity
  • Concentrate on the Mindflow
  • Getting the “big picture” and returning to the detail

And you get faster to your result with a real MindMapping program.

Believe me:

I’ve gone through a hard process!

Everything I have done before with MindManager/iMindMap I wanted to do with Miro.

It has not worked … 

No it works …

with a lot a whole lot of resctrictions

I worked over three decades with MindMapping software and I came to the conclusion:
I can do a lot of work with Miro and makes my life much more easier

BUT

It cannot gets into the same league like any other MindMapping tool is now - Maybe this will change in a near future.
As long as this is I work with my iMindMap program because i get a faster/better/more creative/flexible and most important:
More efficient (timesaving) solution that Miro offers.

Till now there is - when it comes to MindMapping - real frustration on my site - and for every other aspect of Miro a fire of enthusiasm.

I have never used a tool that gave me so many many options to work with - and I use it more than former MindMapping tools I have ever used -

And - till it not has a massive update in it’s MindMapping functions

I will never ever use it as a MindMapping tool - because all other tools are milestones ahead with their MindMapping functionalities!

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

BTW: For writing I recommend:

https://www.papyrusauthor.com/

One of the best tools I know for writing - it has an implemented MindMapping tool and much much more inside.

Michael