Limitation in Shapes

• 29 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

I would like now why there is a limitation in the MIRO regarding connectors.

Normal Flowchart: When i draw a flowchart and leave the cursor it shows me options of various objects/shapes  which makes my task quite easier.

Normal flowchart feature

1. Flowchart in a template: When i draw a flowchart on a template and leave the cursor it does not show me options of various objects which makes my task quite difficult. Why? Because i cannot add shapes in that speed, as i have to manually navigate to left, select the shape, drag it to right and place in the right position. Hope you understand.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Neha dewan -

If that template is using a table object then there are limitations imposed by the table object on the normal behaviors of shapes created within tables. For example, auto align of sticky notes doesn't work.

Kiron

Thanks Kiron for replying. 

My only intent is to use swimlane diagram template and create process map(as my process map is really long and it is quite tedious to keep going left and selecting shape and placing on the template) within that template with normal feature of shapes but that is not allowing me and causing cumbersome task.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Neha dewan -

Unfortunately, if you are using that template and it uses the table object there is nothing which can be done right now to enable that “normal” functionality if it is being limited by the shape being within a table. The Miro product team is aware of these limitations so hopefully they are working on an update to address these.

Kiron