Has anyone tried Planning Poker in Miro?

Userlevel 3
Badge

If you are not familiar, Planning Poker lets your development team choose from a range of options (usually numbers that indicate complexity) and then at the end of the voting, those numbers are revealed and the discussion starts.

The voting plugin in Miro is very basic, since it only gives a general count of all votes but we all need to know who voted what number to better discuss.

Any thoughts on how to do this on Miro? Maybe there’s something I’m missing.

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefan Gertz -

I checked the app’s info page and there’s no support contact details provided so I’d suggest opening a ticket with Miro support instead and indicating the issue seems to be with Firefox: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Thanks a lot @Kiron Bondale . You are right, with Google Chrome it’s functional (not with Firefox).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefan Gertz -

I just did a quick test and it is working fine for me. I click on the card I want and drag it over to where I want it to be on the board. I’m using a Windows 10 laptop with Google Chrome.

Can you try it via an incognito browser or the Miro desktop app to see if it is related to your access method? Can you also check the navigation settings and confirm that Miro is picking the right mode (e.g. mouse, trackpad, touchscreen) for your situation?

Kiron

Hi everybody, my first time in the community today. I would like to know whether there is a bug with the playing of the cards. Once I pick the card, I can’t release the card with my mouse. no right, no left click enables me to put the card in a table for example.

Any idea about the reason? By the way: I am the owner of the board.

Userlevel 4

While the planning poker app was interesting to use at first, it appears there hasn’t been any updates to it. Wonder if the vendor is making any updates to improve it any time soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina - is there any way you can look into the delay in an answer from support for this request from @Måns Klevar?

Thanks!

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Yes our IT support has sent in a request to Miro support about more information on this specific app. 

Måns 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Måns Klevar -

Did you open a support ticket for this info request? 

Kiron

I need the admin in our organization to approve the app, but they won’t do it until Miro and privacy has given more detailed information what kind of information Gorazdo.studio gets access to. 

I requested this for over a month ago. Anyone else experiencing the same issue or that can provide more information? 

@Kiron Bondale Thank you for jumping in to help me!

I did install it. So, I would expect to see it as an option when I select the “...”. However, when I click on the “...” menu, I get a pop-up (see below). It is not listed. And I see no method to drag it into the toolbar. More Ideas? Thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Katrina Starkweather -

Once it is installed, it should show up when you click on the “...” menu at the bottom of the left toolbar. From there, you can drag it into the toolbar itself for regular use.

Kiron

My teammate and I have installed the Planning Poker App, but it does not show up in the toolbar as an option for either of us. Does anyone know how to add it to the toolbar or use it once it is installed?

I have the similar issue as Carsten Czeczine.  I have a paid plan and share the board with anonymous users in my organisation.  Would love to run planning poker with them, but they can’t install the app as an anonymous user.

Any chance this can be fixed?  It would be perfect for us if you could.

Thanks!

can the planning pokler app be used within the free plan? I’ve the team plan and it works, but if my colleagues try to install it, just this happens:

no ‘get app’ Button

@Simon.Harris i’m not looking for the app - i have that.  I was looking for the planning poker template @Romel Parasnis suggested trying.  thank you though

Userlevel 4

Hmm - Shows up for me via search in the desktop client

How about trying direct access in a web-browser? to https://miro.com/marketplace/ - that worked too :)

@Romel Parasnis thanks but i already tried that - the only template that comes up from “planning” is PI Planning.

Thanks @Romel Parasnis .  I do not see a template.  is it called “Planning Poker”?\

@cristi its Planning poker table. Just search for “planning” under choose a template search and you should find it as one of the options. Good luck!

Thanks @Romel Parasnis .  I do not see a template.  is it called “Planning Poker”?\

How do you use planning poker for a team?  I share the board link with my team however, the planning poker app doesn’t appear on their board and if they add it, it asks them to install it on their account?  thanks!

@cristi , Planning poker app is free and needs to be installed by every team member participating in the Planning poker session. In addition, you can use the planning poker table available under the templates. Instructions on how to use the Planning poker table is part of the template. Hope it helps.

How do you use planning poker for a team?  I share the board link with my team however, the planning poker app doesn’t appear on their board and if they add it, it asks them to install it on their account?  thanks!

@Romel Parasnis yes, it’s a free plugin. The only limitation I found was that you can’t change the numbers on the cards but nothing serious. The team loves it!

Perfect, thanks again!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Romel Parasnis yes, it’s a free plugin. The only limitation I found was that you can’t change the numbers on the cards but nothing serious. The team loves it!

Thanks @ErnestoBarron, it worked out well. BTW is Planning Poker a free app?

Userlevel 3
Badge

How to use Planning Poker app in Miro?, any help will be appreciated

What I did was:

1. Create a space (cell) for every team member with their name. This is like their space. I used the new grid tool for added flexibility. 
  2. Install the Planning Poker plugin (https://miro.com/marketplace/planning-poker/and ask everyone to drag the selected card to their space. Every member needs to install this plugin. 
  3. Once time’s up we flip the cards and star the discussion.