#boardexpo

• 26 November 2020
  • 33 replies
#boardexpo
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Miro Community,

:heart_eyes:  Created an amazing board that you are proud of? 

:heart_eyes:  Want to showcase your work?

:heart_eyes:  Seek inspiration for your new project? 

Well, this is definitely the place to share your creations and get inspired! :sparkles:

In this thread, show us your board and write a couple of sentences describing what is depicted there. You can either add a couple of screenshots of the board or embed the board link with view-only access.

:bulb:  If you are ready to share this board with the rest of the community to use it as a template, welcome to Miroverse! (Submit your board to Miroverse)

:bulb:  If you want to share the whole story of a project or your experience with Miro, please write it in the Inspiration category - a special place for your bigger stories, where you can also get feedback from your peers :handshake_tone2: 

Please make sure you do not expose any sensitive information :spy_tone2:

Looking forward to your beautiful, inspiring, unique boards!

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Both @Joshua William Davies and I hosted the craziest and most baddest APAC Miro User Group event ever yesterday! (well, this was no. 3 but it sets the bar pretty high!) Our guest, @NurulFathiyah, created A-Miro-zing Race with full-on, no Miro effort spared. If you’re familiar with the Amazing Race tv show, you know how fun it could really get. We had 6 teams around the board vying for the honour of being the first A-Miro-zing Race Champion!

Here are some looks from the board. We’re preparing the video and the board will be shared publicly at some point.

I say a re-run will be pretty awesome! Let us know if you’re interested. Thanks for a very timely thread, @Marina!

The galaxy is our playground!

Look at that amount of activities on the board!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, 

@Isman Tanuri  I love your aMIROzing race! Seems great to practice. 

Here a board I created quickly. I haven’t try it in a workshop but hope soon. 

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lfiN4AI=/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why this workshop?
The "small world" is an exploration world where you have to find 3 activities to do.
You can use it as an icebreaker (Asynchrone workshop)

How to run this workshop?
Here the story :
Today, you have 3 activities to achieve.

To get to these activities, you have to find in the "small world" 3 characters :

• the wood fairy will bring you to the 1st activity (by clicking on her)
  • The snowman will bring you to the 2nd activity (by clicking on him)
  • The mermaid will bring you to the 3rd activity (by clicking on her)

For that, you have to :

1. Choose a character
  2. Take a boat ...
  3. ... and GO ON ADVENTURE !!!!

Don't hesitate to meet wild animals. They can help you to find characters.

If you are lost, don't hesitate to launch a zap : ⚡️

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Jeremy Jodeau, the A-Miro-Zing Race board isn’t mine, it’s @NurulFathiyah! I just enjoy telling its story :)

Your board looks really good and fun already. I would love to hear your experience when you do run the session. By the way, what does “launch a Zap” mean?

Userlevel 2

@Jeremy Jodeau Wow this is awesome!

I’ve been largely using miro for class whiteboards. While creating a test review I went a little nuts and wanted to see how far I could push the dynamic elements. Taking advantage of the arrow elements I tried to demonstrate a lot of atomic interactions. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried to take advantage of zooming to model, as close as I could, the correct relative sizes of everything from quarks up. Also this is only a high school level class(10th grade) so there are many simplifications.

Userlevel 2

@Nicholas Keyes OMG -  i like that 

this is very cool.  I would say your students will easily understand the subject because it is well elaborated here.  Congratulations! I will definitely try to do as much as yours for my training.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello,

as an enthusiastic user of miro as presentation tool I created a board where you can see that it’s possible to have an animated style by using the frames.

Just try it yourself and use the frames and try to do it this way:

Michael

@mlanders Would you be able to show a video or further instructions? I’m not able to get it to “animate” in your example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@roselala :

Here is the video:

You can get the same effect by clicking the frames on the left side

Michael

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is a board I am very proud of because it is the board I use to teach my colleagues how to get started with Miro!

In this board I show other teachers how students can collaborate in a Miro board and I show them the basics to build their own boards.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’d like to share with you my Miro-Board that I use with my Meetup Community to introduce to them the basic functionality and share best practices (a) from my experience as well as (b) let them share they experiences (Heads up: This is a German only Community). The section for each session thereby build itself rather organically depending on the topics and the participants. 

We are building each new session on the same board and thereby always having a point of reference for everyone. Important: Between the sessions the board settings are on «commenting for the guests», so no-one accidentally deletes something - although I have a back-up.

For the next session we will be talking about how to integrate storytelling into your board design, for example making in linear top-down or linear left-right, using a circular layout, or combining that with a bullseye look, and many more - building on this community post here. Great post. @Martina Crnkovic  Thanks for starting that thread. 

As you can see, I changed the layout between my first and second session to see how it is different for me as a facilitator and the participants. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The Situation 

We wanted to replicate the energizing feeling that comes with attending an in-person conference...virtually! I used Design Thinking to work through what challenges (cost, lack of human connection etc..) we needed to solve for and decided to create a prototype in Miro. 

The Board 

The board includes a replica of a conference venue, complete with plants, lounge areas and even a bar! :tropical_drink:  If you’re thinking about hosting a virtual conference, think no further than Miro.

-Regine

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, here a new one…

It’s a Miro Onboarding board where you have to explore Cape town

here the link to access : https://www.virtualworkshop.design/board/cape-town-exploration

University Architecture Design Studio presentation for a redesigned building Facade & Enclosure:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lKq9c0Q=/

Userlevel 3

Marketing Course for bachelor students: no boring theory, only frameworks, slides, collaborative work, examples and discussions. 

I am new to Miro but I am just loving the simplicity and the awesomeness of it. I have decided to build some software so I thought id just start here in Miro. We all hate documentation. 

Im more than happy with what I have so far and i will grow it as I go. A bit of brainstorming, some kanban items, a couple of p[rocess flows and a possible random layout.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My students (undergraduate studies in Management) and  I have had fun and engaging learning experiences using Miro. In this following board, we discussed about Marketing Mix and used Pepsodent as a product to be reviewed. Students are super excited during this learning activity, sharing their opinions actively and participating in finding and collecting references to be posted in the boards. I recorded this online collaborative activity and posted the link of the video in the board for students to review. 

Userlevel 3

Feedback Ideas

Hi everyone - I’d like to share some board feedback interventions that I use on Miro. I am coming from an Education context, but the feedback methods I learned come from UX Design and Business. I think these methods can be really useful posited at different parts of the board. 

1. Open Feedback

I use open feedback when I’m getting students to give each other pointers on their drawing skills. I give a few leading questions to get them going but the idea is to let them be free and see what everyone is doing. You can set up the board so that people give themselves feedback, or give their peers feedback. Or you can do both, one after the other. I time this event so that people don’t labour too hard over it. After we discuss the feedback.

1. Feedback Matrix

The second method is a Feedback Matrix. This is another method taken from Design Thinking. Often people find feedback very hard to process so it’s worth structuring how people receive it so that it is really productive. 

One of the biggest problems I encountered with feedback while working in Further Education is that we often throw it into a lesson without discussing the nature of feedback itself. We have to teach students how to give and receive feedback to be high quality and effective. We also have to set it up so that we are sensitive to any tensions in the class.

Another issue that can arise with feedback is that students might think they are generous by not giving any. They feel the quality of the work is high, and they shouldn’t give critique. But there are always ways to improve. Considering Vygotsky’s Zone of Proximal Development, we should always give students feedback, even if they are doing well.

Looking to see how creative industries deal with feedback, I came across Hedi Schaefer’s Feedback Matrix. It has a heart for “Things I like”, an X for “Things I didn’t like”, a lightbulb for “Here’s an idea”, and a question mark for questions you want the person to answer or consider.

Hedi Schaefer’s Feedback Matrix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADOwmvWmmMA 

I understand that this comes from UX Design and Design Thinking methods — so I had to assess how to bring it into a classroom. The question part is definitely something we should think about in terms of leading questions and reflective practice. Perhaps we can draw their attention to something or elicit them to explain their rationale.

One of the really successful things about this matrix is stressing that even if you liked everything, you still leave something in the “Things I didn’t like” area. Again, this is very ZPD and keeps everyone on their own journey to progress.

When I use this in a classroom, I try to dedicate one entire class to feedback itself. This means we start with some sort of pair discussion about times when we got feedback and watch a video on effective feedback techniques. Next, we look at the tenants of good feedback, such as the buy-in “Can we have a chat?” instead of unsolicited feedback. Then, we read several case studies and discuss best practice for feedback. Finally — the students do their first Feedback Matrix on the class I just gave, and then I show follow-through by circling their ideas and showing I am going to take action. Only after will we start using it in a regular classroom context.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

So when are we going to have a Miro community scavenger hunt based on those A-Miro-Zing Race templates?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I would like to share our Virtual Exhibition - House of CYNIC

Since we haven’t been able to visit partners and interacting/showing our facilities and lab physically as much as we were planning before the pandemic, we decided to create Virtual Exhibition - House of CYNIC to invite students, teachers and others to our virtual house showcasing what we are doing. It was a fun work and good exercise trying to summarize all our work in an interactive and visual way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahh, looks amazing :heart_eyes:

Would love to hear more about this use case, so I’ve already send a direct message to you, @honkenen :wink:

I’m looking forward to trying out this new board in my graphic design class, it’s a scavenger hunt in which teams will have to find examples of accessible technology in their everyday life and post screenshots or pictures to their team’s area of the board: 

section of board
Detail of board with example of alt text
Full board view

Cool!

Badge

Bonsoir to everyone :vulcan:

Living in France, I was a huge fan of Fort Boyard TVshow and Home Alone film when I was child, so during our lockdown I imagined how to combine the both to create a small escape game as a creative warm-up/ice-breaker for remote workshop. 
Voilà the result :point_down:

Chalet Alone icebreaker

Waiting for your feedbacks (and chalet escapes) :dancers:

A Miro Board that I am proud of is for one of my courses at University. I am trying to get better at Miro and decided to use Miro for a website redesign project. I am redesigning a website (Noah’s Ark Animal Sanctuary, http://www.noahsarkanimals.org/) and wanted to do some research that would help me identify user flow issues as well as usability testing. Eventually, this would be synthesized to a sitemap or information architecture. Creating this board has helped me identify how I want to organize the website redesign.