TGIF

Describe your perfect getaway

• 14 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5

Summer's here and while a lot of travel for most has been cancelled we can still dream.

I've always dreamt of taking a month (or more) long vacation to Italy. Traveling to different cities with my husband and tasting all the great foods and wine.

We wouldn't have a very strict schedule and take things very easily. Absolutely no laptops and I wouldn't even think about work. :slightly_smiling_face:

Describe your perfect getaway!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

My perfect getaway is one where my perceptions far surpass my expectations. It is not so much about a single place, but rather the experiences I would have there. Three trips from the last decade come to mind:

1. Our Celebrity Cruises cruise to Alaska last year - it was our first cruise and I definitely was delighted with the experience.
  2. My first trip to Jewel Runaway Bay in Jamaica - the warmth of the staff, the quality of the food, and the wonderful pools and ocean were beyond my expectations.
  3. Flying business case to/from Mumbai via Dubai on Emirates - you haven’t lived till you have enjoyed business or first class on an A380!

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Is it bad that I don’t have an idea of a perfect getaway?

I don’t think there is a perfect one. But I love touring cathedrals! I have always wanted to go on a pilgrimage from Spain to England, to visit the major cathedrals along the way.

I have been to a few in Barcelona, but I have yet to go up to Tibidabo.

Userlevel 1

My perfect getaway is one where I can do effectively nothing and be okay with that. I tend to be pretty ADHD and need to feel like I’m doing something all the time, It doesn’t need to necessarily be productive, but my brain needs to be engaged in something. Most of my vacations tend to have pretty busy schedules because of that and sometimes it feels more intense than working. Having a vacation or something where I can just sit and do effectively nothing and not feel weird and uncomfortable is great. The only vacation that has done that for me was at a resort in Waikaloa Village on The Big Island of Hawaii. We did a few things but a lot of it was just relaxing and enjoying the view, weather, and food.

Userlevel 5
Badge

The best I’ve had so far are New Zealand (all of it!) with Rotorua, Hobbiton, and Weta Workshop on the north Island, and Milford Sound, Queenstown/Arrowtown, Hokotika on the south Island.

Also enjoyed Nepal immensely. (flight to see the Himalayas here)

A trip around Colombia would be my idea of an :heart_eyes: amazing :heart_eyes: adventure!  I have already visited Medellin twice and can’t wait to see all of the country someday…