What are some ways you use Miro in your Agile journey?

• 7 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

When I was first introduced to the Agile world, I had yet to learn what the Agile manifesto was about. Slowly and steadily, I started learning more and more about how “Being Agile” and “Doing Agile” are equally important. 

I am part of the Miro Solutions Engineering team based in Sydney, and some of the way we “Do Agile” within our Global Solutions Engineering team is by making use of 

1) Retro templates (sync and async way) - to ensure we are constantly improving and getting feedback from all across the globe.

2) OKR templates to make our Objective and Key Result Visible for our team and wider Miro Org.

3) Miro-Jira integration by making work visible for our internal SE team within Miro, effective collaboration/feedback and also tracking within Jira.

4) Making use of an exciting new capability which will be revealed/public beta in our upcoming Distributed ’22 for talking through the content and ideas for our geographically distributed team. Stay tuned

And Finally, my personal favourite 5) Onboarding which helps us to be culturally aligned, avoids many contexts switching and gets ready for success from Day One with Miro :)

Keen to learn and get your thoughts- How are you all Doing Agile with Miro? Also, how do you see Miro to be beneficial as we are Scaling Agile across multiple teams?🙏🏽

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Varun Jain About #4, did you refer to Interactive Presentations or Talktrack? 😁

Also, about your original question: Retrospectives and onboarding are very important. Miro makes retros fun and onboarding a delight! Apart from that, I mostly use Miro to visualize my own and our collective thoughts and ideas – everything from doing high level architecture to jotting down simple workflows (or user flows). Visualization is a really powerful and to some extent underestimated tool. Not a single workday goes by without me and my teammates opening an existing or creating a new board in Miro. 😄