Miroverse Templates Challenge: Agile April topic suggestions 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi dear Lean-Agilists 🙌,

I need your help! 🙏

This month we would like to run a Miroverse Templates Challenge on the topic of Agile. 

We have already ran a Retrospective templates challenge last year  so we are looking for new topics. 

What other agile topics/frameworks can you suggest? Please share in the comments.

Thank you! 😍

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Helena Brandist Great initiative! 🌟

Some suggestions:

• Agile Product Artifacts. Vision, backlog, timeline, etc.
  • Agile Collab. Being agile is all about individuals and interactions over processes and tools. Create a template with the sole purpose of fostering agile collaboration!
  • The Agile Box. Responding to change is one of the core agile values. As such, you're not agile if you never think outside the box. Create a template that forces your agile team to leave its comfort zone! Could be a completely new take on daily standups, planning, setting up goals, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge

😍  The Agile Box, @Henrik Ståhl !

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Make Daily Standups Great Again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Colleen Curtis That's my personal favorite. 🥰

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Helena Brandist -

A pain snake template might be interesting. I didn’t see anything similar in Miroverse...

How’s this as a prototype? 

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Kiron Bondale You mean the contest should be “Create your own pain snake template”? 🐍

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Agile games

How can you create a learning experience for a group of people that helps them better understand one (or more) of the agile principles?

Agile strategy 

How can you connect mission and vision to a roadmap and daily execution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sure @Henrik Ståhl , let’s go with that 😉

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Thanks for your suggestions, they’re really great: @Kiron Bondale @Arthur von Kriegenbergh @Henrik Ståhl @Said Saddouk 

And i was wondering- can all these ideas be created in an Agile Games form? I think it’s going to be lots of fun.

Thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh & @Helena Brandist -

In my agile fundamentals course, I do a game called Presto Manifesto where I ask a small team of learners to come up with characteristics, behaviors and attributes of the most successful teams they’ve worked with. After they do that, I hand out the Manifesto’s four values and twelve principles and have them see how many of the ones they came up with align with one or more of the values and principles.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Helena Brandist Great idea!

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh’s suggestions can be turned into many different games: Kanban Pizza Game, Battleships (where the first team plans their 30 hits upfront, while the second team play reach of their 30 hits with real-time feedback), Planning Monopoly, etc.

@Said Saddouk’s Make Daily Standups Great Again could be a game where you start with 1000 points and get -1 point for every second that passes… 😂

The Agile Box could be a role-playing game where team members imitate users/customers. I did that during a retro some years ago when I was PO of an inhouse-built headless CMS; I divided the participants into two groups, appointed one chief of staff per group + reporters and editors, and gave them an assignment (to gather information and publish articles about a specific topic). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks for your suggestions, they’re really great: @Kiron Bondale @Arthur von Kriegenbergh @Henrik Ståhl @Said Saddouk 

And i was wondering- can all these ideas be created in an Agile Games form? I think it’s going to be lots of fun.

Thoughts?

Challenge accepted @Helena Brandist. We should brainstorm on this!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sounds great fun! Let’s create a shared Miro frame together, that all games can use as a starting point. 

Initial idea:

• What the game is
  • Real-time or async?
  • Time it takes to play
  • Goal of the game (or just for fun)
  • How many people to play with
  • Next steps you can take after the game?

What’s missing or too much?

Also, we have some great games on Miroverse already, for example the Pizza Game. There could also be benefit in just creating an overview of the current games. E.g. when and where does it makes sense to play the game.

(That could also be turned into a blogpost and video, and short posts for LinkedIn)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh Why not just start with something small and see where we go from there? Like proper product discovery. 😉

Although I think we should discuss overviews, blog posts, etc elsewhere since this post is about a potential Miroverse template challenge.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh Why not just start with something small and see where we go from there? Like proper product discovery. 😉

Although I think we should discuss overviews, blog posts, etc elsewhere since this post is about a potential Miroverse template challenge.

Not sure if I get what you mean Henrik 🙂

Product discovery = Dream big, start small. 

Do you suggest creating a Miro frame together is too big of a step? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh No, the opposite! What I mean is, let's just create the shared Miro board and see what happens, no need to specify (or even think about) goal and length and real-time/async etc upfront. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

(I was basically answering the question "What’s missing or too much?” 😊)

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh No, the opposite! What I mean is, let's just create the shared Miro board and see what happens, no need to specify (or even think about) goal and length and real-time/async etc upfront. 😄

Thanks for clarifying. I think we’re on the same page. 👍

What I meant was:

Can we make a Miro frame that is kinda like the “back of the box”, with game time, amount of players, etc. 

(It can also become the description below the Miroverse template) 

Having the same frame layout makes it way easier for Miroverse users to scan and see what game fits their needs.

As the creator of the game, you can fill it in whenever you want. Before, during, or after creating the game.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh Aaah, like an instructions template? Now I get what you mean! That's a good idea. 👌 

If we go ahead with this, the challenge could actually be to create an agile game template for Miroverse, and we provide a “skeleton” (a “back of the box” template) as inspiration. Hehe, I kind of like it when we get lost in translation Arthur because it forces us to alter our course of thinking. 😀

How does all this sound to you, @Helena Brandist

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh @Henrik Ståhl I really like your idea! What would be a realistic timeline for you to create a template like that? Would you need any help? 

I really like the idea of having a template for a challenge because it makes it easier for newbies to submit something, but I also feel like we would like to give those who want to go without a template and improvise/create something from scratch an option to do so. Do you think it will be beneficial to have two categories for the challenge (fill in your template/create your own). 

@Arthur von Kriegenbergh re: an overview of existing games. Here is a list of top games in Miroverse (I love them all but I think it would be great to have much more!): 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Anna Savina I’ll be able to fix a first draft of a “skeleton" by the end of the week (Sunday), then iterate it together with @Arthur von Kriegenbergh  and you early next week. 🙂

Regarding two challenges: It would definitely work, but I'd go with one challenge and explain that using the “skeleton” is optional! What do you say Arthur?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Henrik Ståhl sounds great! This timeline is awesome — thank you for a fast turnaround. 

To clarify what I said about the challenge: there is only one challenge and one theme (Agile games), but there will be two options for contestants. They can either use your and Arthur’s ‘skeleton’ or create a template from scratch. How does it sound?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Anna Savina Oh sorry, of course. I misinterpreted what you wrote. Sounds good! 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Henrik Ståhl Awesome! We will make an official announcement next week! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Anna Savina Woop woop! 💃