Org Chart best practices

• 24 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Active Contributor
  • 21 replies

I am finding the Org Chart template lacking. I want to have a few layers at the top (not just one oval that the mind map limits you to). I think I am just going to use regular rectangles and lines. Does anyone have a better approach to making complex multi layer org charts?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@RobOK :

I recommend two things:

1. Searching in the template section in miro itself with the word org chart:

You will get 55 results:
  2. Searching in the miroverse:

https://miro.com/miroverse/

You’ll find different topics - just try them and see what kind of output there is:

I am sure you will find one … or you place an example of what you like to build and I am sure there is someone who will help you …

Just give it a try or post your ideal org chart you like to see.

Michael

Userlevel 2

Thanks Michael. I am a “search first” kind of person. I did search in Miro itself, and while it “says” there are 55 only the first two are Org Charts, I tried them both (and frankly the one labeled “new” is just the old one with more nodes) and that was what I was referring to when I said I found it lacking. In the Miroverse i found only one example of Org Chart that used “cards” which I don’t prefer as much.

I appreciate pointing to references, but I did check them first and was thus asking how other people did them.

I will try to post my end product without names in the Miroverse.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@RobOK :

Two further ideas:

• There is an APP in the miro marketplace Smart Diagrams - where you can find a lot of already created work:

Second Idea:

• Competitor examples
    Searching for good examples in competitor applications and looking if there is a way to create them in miro

Sometimes it is possible and sometimes you will find out that the other app works faster better

Although I would be happy if everything is possible in miro - sometimes it is not - so I stay with my old other app … but I’m using miro for most of my work 

Michael