How long have you been using Miro? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there :wave_tone1:

Quick question: how long have you been using Miro? 

Let’s see if there are people who remember a good old RealtimeBoard :upside_down:

How long you have been using Miro?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Since March 18, 2018 @ 4:54 PM CST UTC-6 :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Since 14.th february 2019 ….

I have a screenshot with the old RealtimeBoard Logo:

Graphic generated on the 15th of February 2019

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

As you know, my case was completely pandemic-driven. Prior to April 2020, I’d never heard of Miro, let alone RealtimeBoard!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Bonus question: Do you remember who you first discovered Miro? Were you a participant in a Miro board session? Search engine?

I found RealtimeBoard/Miro when searching for a tool to map processes - a tool that wasn’t Visio and would not limit me to a pre-defined space. I believe I Googled: online virtual whiteboard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Bonus answer:
In Feb 2019 I’ve joined an online coaching session of a collegue. She worked with a tool and I wondered and asked myself:

“There has to be something better that is more customizable for your coaching-situtation and your individual client”

… I’ve searched 5 days … and … found ... (drumroll) : RealtimeBoard … it was so breathtaking to discover each and every part of it and the most impressing thing was:

Creating/Using my own templates - My coaching and online-lesson tool was found!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Robert Johnson I should admit you started even earlier than I did! :smile:

Answering you bonus question: first I found the company (and my new job) and then got familiar with the product itself. I joined Miro (it was RealtimeBoard then) in August 2018 :raised_hands_tone1:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders and we rebranded to Miro right after you started, right? :relaxed: I remember it was March 2019...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Bonus answer: My boss discovered Miro in March 2020 when looking for options to move our in-person class exercises to the virtual world. Not sure if he’d look at Mural or any other competitors but I’m glad he picked Miro. I was initially quite resistant to the overall idea of migrating our approach (I expected the pandemic to end fairly quickly :frowning2:) but once I got on board with the idea, I dove right in!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@mlanders and we rebranded to Miro right after you started, right? :relaxed: I remember it was March 2019...

Yes … I remember … First I asked myself: “Why are they doing this … the name describes exact what I get” … But today: It was a right desicion to do so:

Simple / It stays better in mind / and says so much - even if you got the artist in mind - The rebranding was one of the best things and it hits the nail better than before … :dizzy::boom:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@mlanders it’s a pleasure to hear! :blush: