Visual indication of board access status

Understanding who has access to your boards is not intuitive. There should be a visual indication on the  dashboard display showing the public/private status of each board tile. It would also be nice if this were a toggle that could be used by the owner to change the status without having to open the board.

I like the idea in general, but I'm curious about the definitions of “public” and “private" in this context. “Public” suggests external access, and “private” would in that case imply internal access – but what about boards that only you and no one else have access to? They are truly private, which might suggest all boards that are shared with anyone, internal or external, are considered public.

So, unless adding a third option, the alternatives would be:

Private (boards only you can see) and Public (boards shared internally + boards shared externally).

Private (boards only you can see + boards shared internally) and Public (boards shared externally).

Maybe having 3 indicators – Private, Shared, Public – is the best way to go?

Good build on the basic idea. I am looking at this as an enterprise account user so this may add additional variables.