Undo Deleted Items

Hello everyone! 

I have a question if someone could help me on that. I had a training using Miro and many many sticky notes. One colleague deleted almost every sticky note from the board, one by one. And I saw it when I logged in to the platform later on. In the activity column where the team’s actions are stated, there is no option for undoing the deleted posts. Is there any action to the platform that could let me undo all these deleted notes or do I have to re-write them again from the beginning?  

Thank you! 

Kiron Bondale 4 years ago

@Giagka Andreanna -

Unfortunately once someone has gone back to the Dashboard view, Miro effectively “commits” the changes made so you can’t undo those changes. The Activity list will show what has changed but doesn’t provide you with a means of undoing any of those changes.

Unless you had saved a backup of the Board or had duplicated it prior to your colleague doing those deletions, the only suggestion I can make is to contact Miro support to see if they could somehow restore it from a system backup - not sure if this is even feasible or not.

As a rule, I’ve started downloading backups on all of my “can’t lose” boards at regular intervals as they are worked on - that helps to avoid any corruption issues.

Kiron

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Giagka Andreanna -

Unfortunately once someone has gone back to the Dashboard view, Miro effectively “commits” the changes made so you can’t undo those changes. The Activity list will show what has changed but doesn’t provide you with a means of undoing any of those changes.

Unless you had saved a backup of the Board or had duplicated it prior to your colleague doing those deletions, the only suggestion I can make is to contact Miro support to see if they could somehow restore it from a system backup - not sure if this is even feasible or not.

As a rule, I’ve started downloading backups on all of my “can’t lose” boards at regular intervals as they are worked on - that helps to avoid any corruption issues.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thank you so much for your response! I will be more careful next time :) 

@Giagka Andreanna did you solve your issue by contacting Miro? I just had the same thing happen to me. I had no idea there was a backup feature or that it was required.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@johnny -

Backups are available on paid plans but just as with other applications, if you forget to take a backup, it won’t help you get back your lost content. When I run courses, I’ve got into the habit of making a backup of my class board before the course starts, and then each day I backup the board at lunch time and again at day’s end. 

Kiron

this is really painfull cant do anything on the server o by developing a recovery merge for the “commits” if in the dashboard theres the changes you should be able to recover, (yes in a pay version) for some reason i delete the content dont know how, my computer crash and reset, i cant undo any changes …. 

some how CTR+Z wasn’t working, mi computer crash, i wasn’t able to UNDO. 

The thing is:

Luis-andres (Miro Support & Help Center)

Jul 24, 2020, 12:48 AM GMT+5

Hi Luis,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're very sorry for the delay in getting back to you 😞 Miro Support has been inundated with requests and we're trying our best to respond to all users one by one.

We're truly sorry to hear that you've accidentally deleted the content you're looking for.

As much as we'd love to help, I'm afraid it is not possible for us to roll back your board history and recover the content as it had been before the change. Due to the fact that board version restoration is a very resource-consuming procedure, we can only do this when there's a system error on our end causing the content to be deleted.

In the future, if anything like this happens, please use the Undo button before ending the session and refreshing the page - otherwise a new session will stop it from working.

You can also refer to the Activity list on your board to see if there were some accidental deletions (or editing) that could cause the content to disappear at a particular time.

Please accept our sincere apologies, I truly wish there was more we could do for you here!

If anything else comes up - please let us know, we'll be happy to assist you.

Luis-andres | Technical Support Engineer
Miro

months of work lost, this can happen to any one, select all for error and delete. 

I beg you to help me, there must be a way. there is always a way.

I know there are internal processes, I know there are policies, I know that things are like that for a reason, but due to the customer's experience, they should be able to help us.

this is a great sales opportunity for support, i will pay the  2resource-consuming procedure” if they ask me. 

Hi everyone,

My experience in using services like these somehow end up depending upon the ‘customer care’ team and with mostly unfavorable endings. I’m trying an approach that’s open and accepts the possibility of human error and help for those errors. 

1) How could we go about raising funds for MIRO to allocate resources to help us get our data? any suggestions ? “#databack” ?

2) How might we ask Miro to update it’s User interface for -
a) Letting the board owner have control on the board history which would be ideal as he is the ‘owner’ his/her history and should be able to view and edit it.
If it’s available in the paid version, can we subscribe and get the data ? (at any point in time?)
b)Function like offline softwares with ‘roll back’ and ‘cntrol+z options’ which are independent of the internet.
c) A dialogue confirmation box if the page refresh is pressed or when multiple items are selected for deletion.
d) My page reloaded automatically because of the ‘internet connection cutting off and returning back’ I was helpless with the control+z button.  There would many reasons for a page to reload without our control, this is a serious issue for the user.

3) Based on this how can we ask Miro to update their T&C to look into accidental deletions in part of their customer care?

4) What can we do as customers to help Miro help us ?

There’s a point in almost every service, where due to an issue there’s a polarization between clients and service providers. The latter has rules while the former has a necessity.
Bridging this gap can really set a new benchmark in customer care, we made a user interface mistake miro … help us help you . Please don’t give up on us.

KR

1) How could we go about raising funds for MIRO to allocate resources to help us get our data? any suggestions? "#Databack"?

Pay- no free access can be alow to have this kind of service, but if you want can be able to buy a XYZ price for an data insurance of your account. 
I suppose * that obviously the team of miro will have to develop from some interface for internal use to run what the developers do by hand directly in the environments or to assign people to make this type of ticket and on that the costs, but for which we have had this type of incident costs pass to second term.

2) How might we ask Miro to update it's User interface for -
a) Letting the board owner have control on the board history which would be ideal as he is the ‘owner’ his / her history and should be able to view and edit it. - 

If it's available in the paid version, can we subscribe and get the data? (at any point in time?)
 CTR + Z is there, but ther most be another way to have a better recovery im agree with you. 

b) Function like offline softwares with ‘roll back’ and ‘cntrol + z options’ which are independent of the internet.

You will need to locate info on your computer. (more development = more cost = more time)  

c) A dialogue confirmation box if the page refresh is pressed or when multiple items are selected for deletion.

Alerts for any huge change or critical changes are a very important function for a UX, most of the time "The Bunisess, PO or stakeholders" dont the this much important. (lest develoment = lest cost = les time = more gain) 

d) My page reloaded automatically because of the ‘internet connection cutting off and returning back’ I was helpless with the control + z button. There would be many reasons for a page to reload without our control, this is a serious issue for the user.

To bad, third party issues would not be part of the issue, but for a better UX and CX this kind of scenarios should be inspected and mesure how much importance are. 

3) Based on this how can we ask Miro to update their T&C to look into accidental deletions in part of their customer care?

Banks need time to inspect any issue on your payments if you have a fraud or any other issue, yes miro is not a bank but for a much better CX (customer experience) the time is not a problem if supporrt and dev team made an efford to help the customer, is not a problem at all, you will win more happy customers. 

4) What can we do as customers to help Miro help us?

UX the best way to help them is with feedback (and money) but more important feedback, the objective comments on our need and accepting that maybe some stuff can be done immediately. 
In my personal experience first the need to be open to ear and accept help us on our needs.  

There’s a point in almost every service, where due to an issue there’s a polarization between clients and service providers. The latter has rules while the former has a necessity.
Bridging this gap can really set a new benchmark in customer care, we made a user interface mistake miro… help us help you. Please don’t give up on us.

- Yes, in all what you say, im very happy with miro, i have mor than 9 years on UX and mora than 5 on CX this las one help me to understand that they are bad clients and good clientes and for that the need to create policy on the service, but there most be a point of earing (UX do this work) where clientes can speek openly about the need the have, the opinion they have, the things they like and not and a complete review on the customer journey. 

Thanks @K R  great comments, hope you can recover your info to. 

This is just the worst! I lost days of work just because I accidentally deleted something and the undo button didn't work. Restarted the app and now everything is gone. Why Isn't there a revert last step option? Tis is basic stuff!! :rage:

Hey @Luis Garcia thank you for the detailed reply. There was a lot of back and forth but for me I had to involve my college as they were running the boards. To help out with the restoration, it happened. Though late but it did.
Hope you’ve had a positive outcome. The issue is that the data is stored with another firm.
@Consulting Creatives , I can totally imagine this feeling especially when it’s fresh. 
I would advice to appeal to them in nicest possible way and being patient, to help you out. I think they should be able to since yours was a UI related issue. The technical team is good and are wiling to give the issue an honest look.

Mine was a ‘fat finger error’ so it required magic !  I realized as a free user, going in, it’s going to be very difficult to receive features and help.
That being said, ‘version history’ should be offered in all plans. They mentioned they’re working on improving this feature or the way it’s offered.

Mentioning the scenarios in which ‘control+z’ doesn’t work can really help before using the software.
A UI dialogue box for this could really be useful.

Hope you have a positive outcome. Best of luck ! If there’s something we can do as a community to help Miro help us, i’m up for it. 

Userlevel 3

Hey everybody! 

I’d like to assure you that this issue is in our focus now. As a first step, we’ve just released Content Recovery feature which allows you to restore recently deleted content from Activity List. 

You can read more here https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730913-Activity-List

Please try it and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Anton

Hi @Anton Telitsyn ,

I’ve made a mistake and had to restore some frames I’ve deleted yesterday. I’ve thought it would not be possible, until I’ve found this topic. This feature is amazing! Thank you so much.

Userlevel 3

Hey @Ramiro Maciel Pereira! I’m happy the feature was valuable for your case!

@Anton Telitsyn

we noticed this morning, that one of our customers co-workers has deleted a huge amount of content (close to 20.000 objects) by accident.

When trying to restore the step, the process seem to start fine and most of the objects show temporarily, however, they can't be edited and disappear once Miro is refreshed. They also disappear from the activity log.

This has created a major problem for us, as we have some 30 people of the customer, that need to finish the current sprint and are kept from working on the board.

More than 1000 mandays went into the board, we really need your help urgently. I have created a ticket #280410, however, it is still in status open.

We are on a paid plan and really need to rely on this basic functionality. Your support is much appreciated, Holger

@Marina  , @Vlada any idea? Best, Holger

Userlevel 3

Hey @hedennnis! I’ll DM you.