Template editing by fellow editors

Related products: Permissions

Dear Miro, 

• I suggest the option to let fellow editors edit the Templates I made in Shared Custom. 

Together we form a group of editors that create a workshop for participants. It would be nice to be able top openly share, edit and change the templates we create together. This fits within the idea of what Miro stands for: collaborating together. 

Cheers, Matthijs

@Matthijs van Mulligen 

This wish is ever so relevant after 2 months ;)

Cheers,

+1.  Is there any way around this?

+ all the people in my organisation to have this feature. It would be very useful.

+1

I would also like to know if any workaround exists. 

In addition I may found a bug. As a company admin I do have the option to edit a template, which was not created by me, but clicking the button leads me to a view only mode.

+1

I would also like to know if any workaround exists. 

In addition I may found a bug. As a company admin I do have the option to edit a template, which was not created by me, but clicking the button leads me to a view only mode.

I think a workaround is to just create a NORMAL board that you label something like “TEMPLATE mumblefishpaste”.  Then you collaborate on that board until you agree that it is time to lock down a new version of the template… then create an actual template from the board.  Continue collaborating on the board until it is time to lock down a new template.

In our use case, we have a template that helps us keep track of and manage the things that need to happen when onboarding a new employee.  We’re busy handing over ownership of that process, meanwhile there’s a lot of collaborative updates needed on the template. 

This is going to happen again and again as we grow and mature; we’ll need to hand over template ownership from one person to another.

We are performing a transformation with multiple teams and team of teams. Around team of teams we setup transformation teams, that are supported by a coach. The coaches using templates we have created in Miro and they should be able to edit those to implement learnings and best practices on the way. By enabling this, we also would foster a culture of collaboration and taking ownership instead of addressing requests for change to a dedicated individual that is template owner.

The possibility to edit templates by multiple users would be very beneficial for us.  

+1 This would save our team so much time!!

+1 on this as well. Just submitted a similar request after I couldn’t find one on the wishlist already.

+1 this would enable collaboration on templates. Right now, only the owner of the template can edit it and it can be problematic. And yes, there is the option to edit for company admin with Content Admin priviliges, but not all companies want to use this option. Also, it may be that the person needing to edit a template is not an admin.

Ideal solution: company admins can edit company templates regardless of settings, and you can assign who to share the template edit access with.

IdeaDelivered