stop annoying with new feature announcements

I’m very happy the miro team is proud of your recent updates but every time I log into miro I need to dismiss an announcement screen. PLEASE STOP. Once a week, fine. EVERY TIME is not awesome

I am grateful to receive the updates, because it means they’re listening to community requests and implementing continuous improvements to their platform. Also, you’re currently logging in during the runup to their annual conference, which is when a bunch of new features are likely to be released. I guess it’s one of those “takes less energy to smile than frown” kind of things. Happiness your way.

Hey Kyle, thanks for you reply and jaunty well wishes.

Its not a big deal of course but its more that a case of just ‘smile past annoyances’.

I’m not happy to see the info updates splashed at me when I’m just trying to work or access a board, its intrusive. Maybe I’m being a bit harsh & pedantic but I do wonder when did it become ok with companies to annoy its users?

The update info for example could be placed under a clickable icon in the menu, easily noticeable, that I could choose to come back to at my convenience. And I could just work on what I want to be working on, not distracted by another developer announcement that I probably doesn’t affect me.

For that matter on the topic of annoying the user... I choose to use the web app and EVERY single time I open a board I’m confronted with the additional step of having to confirm that I want to use the web app. Every single time I open a page. To my thinking if I’ve given a preference then why do I have reconfirm that preference constantly? When did it become ok to annoy the user because a developer has a personal preference on how I should be working?…

Devil is in the details I guess… but sometimes I just want to do the work I have to, not constantly click through developer preferences.

Happiness your way...