Move the toolbar to the other side

Related products: Navigation

Hi does anyone know if it is possible to move the tool bar/ menu bar to the other side of the screen? I am left handed and it would be much faster with pen in hand if I could move it to the right hand of my screen.

+1. The app is pretty much unusable for lefties. This feature is what’s preventing us from moving the team to the platform. 

I’m using the IPad app, and as a lefty it is nearly impossible to write on the screen without accidentally switching tools and pressing buttons on the left toolbar/nav; making miro essentially unusable. I imagine this would be a pretty big barrier to entry and continued use for any one who writes with their left hand. I will be switching to Microsoft whiteboard for future collaborations. 

Just got my Apple pen and was stoked to try it with Miro on my iPad. 

Unusable as a leftie.

Constantly selecting stuff with my palm when trying to write. 

An option to snap the toolbar to the right at the same place is where it is left would solve everything. Can’t believe this hasn’t been implemented yet.

Hi there!

Will this feature be considered for implementation at some point or should we not bet on it? I’m left-handed myself and compared to my laptop, using miro on my 11” iPad is really, really, really annoying due to accidentally interacting with the toolbar with my palm quite often. I’m having a hard time to believe this would require groundbreaking code changes to happen. 

Yes please. I love drawing out my ideas on Miro. As a left hander on iPad, palm rejection works okay but sometimes I will randomly hit other tools.

YES PLEASE!!!! I use a tablet and pen and it would save time to have on the right!

Please, as I see it already on the wish list for lots of people (left handed) especially, it would be super great if the sidebar could be moved to the right.

Unusable as a leftie.

I guess Miro just doesn’t care about left-handed users :(

I can reccomend to switch to FigJam or Microsoft Whiteboard. They care about us lefties. Miro apparently hasn’t been for at least 3 years...

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration and appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team