Flip Vertically or Horizontally

Ability to flip a component vertical or horizontal. There is a rotate feature, but rotating and flipping is not the same thing.

In Inkscape a simple keypress of V or H while an object is selected will do a mirror flip vertical or horizontal.

There is a similar feature requesthttps://community.miro.com/topic/show?tid=157&fid=32 but this is for Horizontal only, so created a new feature request as these two should be added together.

Moderator note: Category changed to Wish List, so it can be upvoted.

@Orange and Blue Quick question: Is text left unchanged? I.e, when flipping an object that includes text horizontally, the text isn't mirrored?

Good question. Most tools I have used will flip the text also. Tools don’t need to be too smart. Ideally a user should be able to select the text individually and flip if back if they like, but not critical. Use whatever form would be easiest to implement at this point so that it can be implemented soon. Better to get the feature in, and it solves part of the requirement, than to want it perfect, but never get it.

@Orange and Blue @Henrik Ståhl @Robert Johnson 

Just added Flip Horizontally and Vertically to a group:  PowerPack>Geometry

Hope you enjoy!  Feedback eagerly welcome! 

It works like this . . .

In the basic flips, we move the items to the inverted position relative to its group’s midline. This is super helpful in certain cases where this is exactly what you want: e.g. reversing the order of some sequence of items

We also offer a solution for basic naive ‘mirroring’ on rotate-able board items. This moves the items like in the basic flip but then also inverts their rotation (if they’re rotate-able: see below)

It only rotates naively, it doesn’t invert, so it will have, in certain cases some undesired outcomes. 

In action: 

Due to the current SDK / Miro core limitations, there’s a number of things we can’t do yet -- which may or may not be desired: 

• We can only move and rotate, we cannot actually invert(mirror) any item
  • We can only move a subset of board items: 
    • shape, images, stickies, frames, text, cards
  • We can only rotate a subset of those: 
    • shapes, images, text, cards

Enjoy!

Absolutely outstanding work, @Max Harper! I’m looking forward to Pro access.

I completely agree with @Robert Johnson, awesome work @Max Harper – you’re a genius! I’m so excited to start experimenting with PowerPack! 🤩

That is very unfortunate that there is no mirroring of the images in Miro 🥲

Any update on this please?  I just simply want to flip a speech bubble from the shape menu so that the lower pointed part is actually pointing towards the right and not always the left eg: when you are using it on both sides of a column of text. Thanks.