Diagramming: Add switch type for diagram shapes

I need a “switch type” for diagram shapes. e.g., I added a Terminator symbol but later want to change it to a Decision symbol.

Thanks @Robert Johnson. Would you be able to share a bit more details on the use case? In your example, would you want to change all terminator symbols to decision in one go?

In your example, would you want to change all terminator symbols to decision in one go?

Maybe. Maybe not. Last week I added a shape, but very soon after realized another shape would have been more appropriate. My expectation was that the existing object transformation functionality that I have grown accustomed to in Miro for years would be available to me - I was rather shocked it was not. I had to delete the shape, which deleted to lines, add the new shape, and another connection line.

Thanks for clarifying. I presume you were trying to swap the shape to a shape that’s not a basic shape, correct? 

This is indeed something we’re not yet supporting but we do have it on our radar. 

@Turner Pijpers 

I presume you were trying to swap the shape to a shape that’s not a basic shape, correct? 

Correct.

This is a big need for me also.  Collaborators will drop stickies on the diagram, that end up needing to be integrated in to Flowcharts and BPMN and it’s a lot of extra clicks vs. with basic shapes or cards it’s super easy.  Would be amazing to have the same functionality with additional shape packs.

Agree this is BASIC diagramming functionality, team MIRO would you please action accordingly. I do not want to look for alternative programs than MIRO at this stage, we are in the process as company department exploring options to use as a whiteboard and MIRO at this stage is comparing well, but basic functionality like this is a must. 

Similarly frustrated and disappointed that this isn’t already solved. It makes it very annoying to use Miro for flow diagrams and I’m also considering other options for this.

Chiming in with the group...this functionality would be greatly appreciated!

+1 on this feature. This should be a must have. It is a real pain as you have to replace the diagram  with a new one and create new connections.

Hi @Robert Johnson ,

We’ve just released switch type for diagramming shapes too! You can find more information here.

I’ll close this thread and set to delivered. If you have any feedback please share in the new thread I started.

Thank you!

Turner 

IdeaDelivered