Create a mask with a shape

Relating to a previous thread created by @Colin Hewitthttps://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/create-a-mask-with-a-shape-516?postid=2512#post2512

The ability to create a mask of an image (for example a square profile photo) into a circle

Thanks George - This came from simply wanting to make profile images as circles rather than rectangles. But there are tons of other applications

Thanks George - This came from simply wanting to make profile images as circles rather than rectangles. But there are tons of other applications

@Colin Hewitt I was looking for exactly the same feature for similar use cases - agreed it could be a great feature to have

Following! Would love this feature.

Until they add this feature to create a circular crop/mask, I found one workaround where I upload a circular mask PNG that is the color of my background (in my case, I use a white rectangle in all of my frames), and I group it with my square image. Great for profile pictures, etc. Pasting it below.

Circular Mask.png
​​​​​

Until they add this feature to create a circular crop/mask, I found one workaround where I upload a circular mask PNG that is the color of my background (in my case, I use a white rectangle in all of my frames), and I group it with my square image. Great for profile pictures, etc. Pasting it below.

Thanks for this @Todd Swanson!!! Out of the box thinking, I did not think to do something like this in the interim :grinning:

Things like this is the exact reason why I love Miro and the Miro Community! :bulb:  

I got here by wanting to fill a shape with an image.

I got here by wanting to fill a shape with an image.

Ha. Bump. 

Something next to the + icon here would be great...

Totally support this wish. For me it would truly help to be able to create a user defined mask crop on the image, so not just the circle but also being able to cut out some parts to be able to make a rough quick photo montage.

Yes please! +1

This is coming to Miro!! 🤩 From the Miro Next event:

How exciting!  

I’ve been using this all day and it works amazingly! All my imported images today were masked to circles! Thanks @Miro!!!

I’ve been using this all day and it works amazingly! All my imported images today were masked to circles! Thanks @Miro!!!

Can you share how you did this? I’ve been trying to figure it out and am stuck.

@supernic28 Did you sign up for beta access?

https://miro.com/next/#Beta-access

@supernic28 Did you sign up for beta access?

https://miro.com/next/#Beta-access

Ah, that explains it. My company has blocked beta access for us. Will have to be patient, I guess. :(

@supernic28 Whaaat, why? 🤯

@Henrik Ståhl 🤷🏻‍♀️

@supernic28 Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't be in beta for long though, it's a very neat feature!

Updated idea statusIdeaDelivered

@supernic28 
Masking is also available for you!
Please select the image to enter the cropping mode which will reveal a drop down menu from where you can select the desired mask. Please let us know how it goes. 

@supernic28 
Masking is also available for you!
Please select the image to enter the cropping mode which will reveal a drop down menu from where you can select the desired mask. Please let us know how it goes. 

A small new feature with big impact. Thank you 👏👏👏

Amazing! Thank you - I just tried it out today and it worked great!

Just echoing all the previous comments of adulation, this is an awesome feature. The inclusion of aspect ratios is also clutch - great when combined with web page capture for 16:9 snapshots of live sites. Thanks a gazillion Miro team!

Hi everyone! 

A quick follow up from @Fabian Strunden’s announcement. We’ve continued to improve the cropping mode and you can now easily edit multiple images at once, with just one click. 

Check out the bulk image editing announcement and let me know how its working for you. I’m particularly excited about the bulk cropping into circles myself. 

Happy collaborating, Kristin