How Do You Miro? Holiday Team Building Activities 🎄🎁

• 1 December 2020
  • 19 replies
How Do You Miro? Holiday Team Building Activities 🎄🎁
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Miro Heroes, 
And hello, December! ❄️ 

:dizzy:  With the holiday season upon us, you might be starting to think ‘How do I create the same festive vibes this year?’ Somewhere your team can ask questions, chat, or even experience happy hour. 

Whether you're playing a game that helps you bring your remote team together or exchanging funny photos of your pets with antlers on, this How Do You Miro challenge is all about creating that festive vibe and having fun. 

:sparkles:  Today we’re kicking off the next Miro templates contest: How Do You Miro? Holiday Team Building Challenge. It’s time for you to put on your colorful jumpers, unwrap your creativity, and share with the community your favourite activities in Miro! 

:pencil:  Challenge details:

The challenge starts today, December 1st, and will last until December 20th.

We will announce the winners on December 28th to give our judges enough time to find our Judges Choice. Submissions will be judged for their creativity and ease of use.

People’s Choice award will be based on top likes under the comment here in the online community. :point_up_tone2:  Make sure to vote for your favourite template by December 28th

How to participate:

To enter, all you need to do is to embed the public board (view access) with your template in the comments below. Make sure to include the following details to your message:

• Full Name
  • Role and Company
  • Instructions on how to use the template
  • A 1-3 min video overview of your template (optional)

Entry requirements:

• All information must be available within the board
  • Created and designed with Miro
  • Must be in English
  • By accepting the challenge, you agree that your submission may be published and used for promotional activities by Miro

How to embed the board:

It’s easy! All you need to do is to choose Embed media under the three-dots menu and paste the Miro board URL.

-cRu-qDUbfojJrZ7LEMdUb24Q2qeOv3HWYk2mLUZkrsXiAcv8zX6iu3NV_SOUdUu7aQQMaDOkZ6Jvjmwsk2vWCM70iMapQaTtiNSfA5aM2kVHtsH2DSouo1h5bJLWV2Loqcoh2bQ

:bulb: Check your board’s Start view as it defines the board preview in the embed. You can set the start view by right-clicking on a blank space on the board and choosing the corresponding option.

:warning: Please accept cookies in order to be able to embed the Miro board. If you don’t accept cookies, an error ‘The provided domain is not supported’ occurs.

:nerd:  Judges:

To choose the best templates, we have the following panel of judges:

• Community Guest Judge: Mahmoud Abdelrahman: Leading our Partner and Miro Expert HUED, Mahmoud oversees a heroic team of designers and strategists to design daily meaningful experiences. While being focused on operating an experience design machine that builds client innovation capabilities, Mahmoud has directly led some of our most fantastic collaborations including the recent Miro Distributed Global conference design partnership.

• Miro Knowledge Expert: Juliana Gloria - Juliana manages People Operations and On Boarding in Amsterdam, including taking care of the social engagement program, planning and executing fun and creative activities every month to keep our hub engaged, connected, and social. See Juliana's Miroverse Team Building Activity: Ultimate Collage Competition

• Miroverse Team Judge: Mariam DanielianMariam coordinates the content production for Miro templates and oversees Miroverse templates library publications. She is inspired by the creativity of Miro users who turn an endless empty canvas into a universe of their own creation and is passionate about sharing their work with others.

:gift:  Prizes:

1. Judges Choice - iPad & pencil 

2. People’s Choice - AirPods 

Other submissions will automatically be considered for Miroverse. Apart from this, we will also feature the winners in Miroverse as well as a blog post.

Go Miro Heroes! :rocket:

19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Happy Holidays - Take a Seat.

Todd Rice - Ixd Lead at Fjord

Grab a seat, some food and celebrations. Use this board to gather folks for a virtual holiday event. It can be interactive or just a board you visit and wish others well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

International Students Decorate the Christmas Tree

Hi! My name is Saúl Enrique Cabriales Orozco. I am a product design student at Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM) and I created a Christmas event for the students from the entire country and also exchange students.

(When I try to add an embed media appears the legend ¨the provided domain is not supported¨, but here I'll add the links and some pictures that we used to celebrate this Christmas season all together.)

The idea was to decorate with Christmas ornaments all together, no matter where we were. I set in a blank template a Christmas tree drawing and gave the following instructions: 

¨You will create a sphere in able to added to the tree, but each color will have a different meaning for the season.
- 🟣 Movies
- 🟠 Songs
- 🟡 Pictures
- ⚪️ Drawings
- 🔵 Goals
- 🔴 Positive messages, dreams and good vibes

This way anyone can search for what they want to hear or see at any time at this winter vacations¨

With this activity we didn't only maintain our traditions, they got improved. 

Hope you like our way to celebrate all together, and please leave your feedback at the comments :D

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone

My name is Junbong Ha or go by JB, working as a Business Analyst at SGI. It is rough times for everyone but I am enjoying working remotely and pretty happy to have an excuse to use Miro more than ever. I am almost addicted to Miro thesedays with a good excuse but I was the one who introduced the Miro to our team so I should make a good use of it and be a some kind of frontier i guess. :wink: 

For the holiday team building, I have created multiple team building board and this time I decided to have some fun with mini-games.

• This board has 4 mini games and each game is well-known game but adapted into Miro.
  • It can be played by 2 teams and can have a winner team but it has a game to play individually so there can be a only one winner at the end.
  • It has a scoreboard to easy track of score for individual/teams.
  • Each game has instruction and navigation link to other game/scordboard.
  • Each game is modulaized so you can re use the a mini game in another board separately. 
  • Each game is easy to modify to edit questions or replace the contents. 
  • It is also fun exploring slowly by dragging to spot animals and holiday decorations. 

Below is some screenshots. Hope you enjoy my board and have an great holiday!

Make a copy of this board to your Miro account

If you would like a copy of this board, please follow these steps:

1. Open this board link → https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lbbUyqc=/
  2. Click on the board name/title (top-left corner)
  3. And then use the Duplicate button to make a copy of it to your Miro account.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi all, I’m Kristin Leitch and I focus on Templates and Miroverse here at Miro. 

Quick disclaimer as I work at Miro, this is not a submission to the challenge. I just love this theme so much that wanted to join in on the fun. Happy holidays everyone!

🥁🎄Need inspiration for your remote end-of-year party? You’re in the right place. 🎁☃️

As the holidays approach, now is the perfect time to bring your team together. Playing a holiday-inspired team activity can bring your team together, no matter how far apart they are. So why not start your next team meeting with a festive cook off in the Virtual Holiday Kitchen?

Prep: 0 minutes

Baking time: 5-15 minutes

Serves: 12 but easily add more

Directions:

• Prep your decoration station by giving your gingerbread a name.
  • Dive into Santa’s Pantry to test your favourite toppings. You can choose your most festive look, find an accessory that fits your vibe, and add a facial expression if you have room for more treats.
  • Add the final touches by making a wish for this season.

Inspired by Draw Your Character by Piera Mattioli.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve made a lot of posts here already but i’ve been encouraged to share my Agile Advent calendar as one single template rather than individual pieces;

This Christmas, I intend to share with the community the greatest gift of all. 𝗞𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗹𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗲. Therefore, I am introducing the 'Agile Advent calendar'

Every day, open the calendar and you'll find a new bite sized chunk of agile / remote working related content hidden within

- Will it be a new retro template?
- Will it be a new virtual agile game?
- Will it be a new video?
- Will it be some top tips on a topical theme?
- Will it be something wacky and zany?

It goes without saying that just like a real advent calendar, the prize on the 25th - Christmas day, will be the biggest.

@JB Ha Love this - can you submit to Miroverse or make copyable so we can play with our team?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Love this - can you submit to Miroverse or make copyable so we can play with our team?

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the comment. The duplicable board link will be posted soon. Thanks to @Robert Johnson 

This is so so impressive! Thanks for your work and sharing this. @JB Ha 

Hello!

My name is Ilana Sokolovski, People Assistant at Publitas.com. I created this Miro for my company’s, holiday-themed energizer. How it works:

• Each team member sends the moderator a picture of “what best describes them during the holiday season”; this can range from being a yearly tradition, your home decorations, your city’s holiday decorations, a meal you enjoy making or anything you are getting up to this season!
  • The moderator posts each picture in a sticky note to create a magnificent team member christmas tree.
  • Go through each picture during your zoom session, where you will give everyone 30 seconds to guess which picture belongs to who. After guessing, the team member reveals him/herself and they explain the context of the picture.

Hope you enjoy! Happy holidays :)

•  

Badge

Hej everybody! My name is Simone Anne Slaviero and I’m currently working as a Service Designer & Project Manager at Jayway by Devoteam in Stockholm, Sweden. I’ve created a XMAS themed retro that is ideal to use at the end of the year before everyone leaves for vacation! It’s a great way to reflect on lessons learned, give some xmas kudos/cheer, and also think and prepare for the upcoming year. 

You can view the board here (instructions included within):

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lbXK5lA=/

The fun elements making up the board include:

• XMAS themed check in and check out, with a sample of XMAS Miro icons
  • Review of XMAS Past, Present & Future with respect to lessons learned, kudos and future planning.

I hope you enjoy this fun way to review either the whole year, or maybe your last agile sprint for the year! Have a merry xmas and new year :D

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share a couple of visuals of the Christmas/Holidays-themed team party I ran with 2x of my teams using Miro. 

Here’s a few visuals and a brief overview of each of the three sections:

Part 1: Christmas Traditions

• Each person has a space to share three Christmas traditions, routines or rituals with the rest of the team
  • This could be anything that is relatively recent, or from their childhood

Part 2: Christmas Crackers

• Everyone loves a cheesy Christmas cracker joke; so each person on the team gets one with the joke punchline covered by the red rectangular block
  • Go round the team and one by one, each person reads their joke out and clicks on the punchline block and deletes it, revealing the cheesy punchline

Part 3: Christmas Dinner

• The main event, Christmas dinner - similar to another board I’ve seen above but each person uses the main ingredients list supplied (made up of emojis and images) and creates their own Christmas dinner
  • We then went round each person again and share what our usual Christmas dinner looks like - highlighting the ingredients you have, don’t have and have lots of!

Make a copy of this board to your Miro account

If you would like a copy of this board, please follow these steps:

1. Open this board link → https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lax4G60=/
  2. Click on the board name/title (top-left corner)
  3. And then use the Duplicate button to make a copy of it to your Miro account.

I hope this can share some inspiration to others looking for ideas - enjoy!

Joel

The idea was to decorate with Christmas ornaments all together, no matter where we were. I set in a blank template a Christmas tree drawing and gave the following instructions: 

¨You will create a sphere in able to added to the tree, but each color will have a different meaning for the season.
- 🟣 Movies
- 🟠 Songs
- 🟡 Pictures
- ⚪️ Drawings
- 🔵 Goals

This way anyone can search for what they want to hear or see at any time at this winter vacations¨

@Saúl Cabriales Amazing idea! I will try it with my family 🥳

- 🟣 Movies
- 🟠 Songs
- 🟡 Pictures
- ⚪️ Drawings
- 🔵 Goals

I participated in this activity last week and I had a really good time.

@Saúl Cabriales Thanks, I hope you win <3 

Hello everyone :hand_splayed:  
My name is André Romão, and I’m UX & Digital Designer at GrupoM Portugal

At GroupM we have a huge Christmas tradition. We do several activities and socialize a lot.

Working remotely we have our agendas full of call's, webinars, workshop, we spend a lot of time on calls. However most of the time we are on these call we are on Mute, and that's why we decided to bring this concept to our Christmas interaction.

This board takes the dynamics and interactions we had in the office to each employee, in their homes. I hope you like it and have fun at this Christmas On Mute board with a Portuguese twist.

Instructions: Follow the footprints to navigate into this Christmas On Mute. More instructions will be given has you follow them :wink:

Activities:

• Share a picture of your Christmas Table (we love to eat on this season);
  • Decorate our virtual Christmas Tree;
  • Add some presents to the tree;
  • Secret Santa (as a support to our secret friend gifting tradition we exchange anonymous messages with each other);
  • Listen our special Christmas playlist;

I hope you enjoy the way how we celebrate Christmas this year. 
Happy holidays!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey guys, greetings from Belarus!

Artem Shein, Team Lead from Digitalizm here. 

Covid has made adjustments to our usual traditions, so we worked out rules with the team for our favourite Secret Santa part. 

Small instruction in three items: 

1. Create you own card and a wish list (optional);
  2. Select a number on the lottery board (you will receive a private letter/message with the name of your colleague later depending on this number);
  3. When the gift is ready to be collected from the office, come here again and put a gift box with the name of your colleague on it under the xmas tree.

What you will need before the event: 

• Add event to calendar and invite your team; 
  • Numbered list of participants (team members);
  • Office is prepared with Xmas Tree and opened for collecting / taking gifts.

Will be glad if it could help!

Userlevel 1

Hi all, I’m Kristin Leitch and I focus on Templates and Miroverse here at Miro. 

Quick disclaimer as I work at Miro, this is not a submission to the challenge. I just love this theme so much that wanted to join in on the fun. Happy holidays everyone!

🥁🎄Need inspiration for your remote end-of-year party? You’re in the right place. 🎁☃️

As the holidays approach, now is the perfect time to bring your team together. Playing a holiday-inspired team activity can bring your team together, no matter how far apart they are. So why not start your next team meeting with a festive cook off in the Virtual Holiday Kitchen?

Prep: 0 minutes

Baking time: 5-15 minutes

Serves: 12 but easily add more

Directions:

• Prep your decoration station by giving your gingerbread a name.
  • Dive into Santa’s Pantry to test your favourite toppings. You can choose your most festive look, find an accessory that fits your vibe, and add a facial expression if you have room for more treats.
  • Add the final touches by making a wish for this season.

Inspired by Draw Your Character by Piera Mattioli.

This is amazing! So many other awesome submissions as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Todd Rice @Saúl Cabriales @JB Ha @Chris Stone @Ilana @Simone Slaviero @Joel Blackie @tenho saudades dos bolos @Artem Shein and all the guests of this challenge :relaxed: 

Many thanks to all participants for sharing your amazing boards! The most wonderful time of the year is even brighter with such holiday team building activities :christmas_tree::santa_tone2:

I’m here to tell you that we are closing this thread for new submissions, and our judges take a week to choose the winner :nerd:

:ballot_box:  Public voting for the People’s choice is also open until December 28th, so let’s get voting! Please put a thumbs-up under the post if you like the template. Participants can also share a link to this thread with your network and get their support (NOTE: we only count the likes :thumbsup_tone2: under your comment here in the Miro online community).

Stay tuned! We will get back to you on December 28th and announce the winners :trophy:

And Happy Holidays :sparkles::hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone and especially @Todd Rice @Saúl Cabriales @JB Ha @Chris Stone @Ilana @Simone Slaviero @Joel Blackie @tenho saudades dos bolos @Artem Shein :blush:

I’m happy to announce the winners of this special How Do You Miro? Templates Challenge devoted to holiday team building activities 🎄:santa:

:drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum:

The winners are:

Our congratulations! :clap_tone2::clap_tone2::clap_tone2:

I will reach out to the winners shortly to get the details to send the prizes :gift:  

We want to thank everyone for participating in this challenge and sharing your awesome boards! Most of these templates will soon appear in our Miroverse and will become available to all Miro users.

:champagne_glass:  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! And here’s to an amazing 2021 :champagne_glass:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the opportunity to create!