Answered

Why are other users' boards taking up my three editable boards limit?

• 19 October 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m still using the free version, which allows three editable boards at a time. I shared a board with a fellow teacher so that she could see how I use Miro with my English classes. She really liked the website, she she decided to create her own boards for her classes. However, when she created two of her own boards for her own classes, they showed up in my “Team” and locked the boards I’ve been using with my students. The free version of the site allows 3 editable boards at a time per user, right? So how can both of us have three editable boards each, as opposed to the two of us needing to share that limit?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 October 2020, 17:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Silverman -

The free account will let you have as many boards as you like but only three will be active at any given point in time. After three have been created, the fourth one created will end up deactivating one of the first three. 

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale,

Thanks for your response! I understand that part. But why did my coworker’s boards deactivate my boards? We are using them for different purposes and different classes, so I thought that her account would be separate from mine, which would mean that we could both have our own 3 active boards. Or did I misunderstand this?

Thanks again!

Rachel Silverman

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This may be because both of you are sharing the same e-mail domain as part of your user names. I believe the free account is one per e-mail domain (as opposed to user). @Marina , can you confirm this?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Silverman - This sounds similar to another recent question here. The three editable board limit is per Free Plan team and not per team member.

Now you’re in a wee bit of a mess as your coworker has boards in your plan. A few options are:

1. Remove this other person from your team and they will need to create their own Free Plan team and recreate the boards.
  2. If you are both teachers of an accredited educational institution, you could apply for a Miro  Education Plan that is free for life and gives you a 100 seat/member team. You can learn more about the Education Plan and apply here → https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/