Which upgrade to choose

• 4 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi Miro Community, 

We have a corporate free version account, seems like everyone who logged into the account has been added as a user. We are now preparing for a workshop that involved 20 external participants next Monday. The features we are looking for are below:

1. All external users can edit the board
  2. all external users can vote on the content, have sticky notes, make comments, enter chat, user timer (i have a 14 day free trial so all of these are achievable right now)
  3. all external users would show up on the board with their name initials

Question:

1. Can I keep using the free version to achieve this? I understand there’s a board limits of 3, would it be possible if no other employee at the company create additional board to make ours read-only?
  2. If I need to upgrade to an appropriate plan, what would that be? Even though we have ‘30’ active user in the account now, most account user might just signed up and not really active users. 
  3. Seems like all the external email links I shared with (eg: I used my personal email account to try it out) has been added in the account as a member. Why would they show up as member? 

Thanks for your support.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@yt2497 - The only way one can edit a board that belongs in a Free Plan team is to be a member of the team, which is why everyone (around 30) you have invited so far has been added as a team member to your Free Plan team.

while, yes, you could invite your 20 external clients to your team and you could set y our existing board’s share settings of Team access to board → Can view, you should consider the following:

•  you are requiring your clients to sign up for a Miro account
  • they will be able to see your existing boards
  • they would be able to create a new board, which if you are at your active 3-board limit, it will make other board(s) view-only

Which paid account to sign up for?

Either the Team or Consultant Plan.

As of the time of this post:

Team Plan

$10/team member billed monthly

($8 billed annually)

Consultant Plan

$15/team member billed monthly

($12 billed annually)

• 2+ paid team members required for this plan.
  • One team
  • Does not offer Day Passes.
  • Only one paid team member minimum required.
  • Allows you to create multiple teams. This is good for consultants who have more than one client. You can create a team for each client and keep all of the work/boards separate, so if you decide to invite a client to be a full license team member for a short period of time, all of your boards are separated by team/client.
  • The Consultant Plan offers Day Passes. Day Passes allow you to invite another Miro account holder join a board (or the whole team) on a shorter-term basis. As soon as they access a board that is in edit more, they will consume a Day Pass and you will be charted $3 USD for them to have 24-hours of access to that board from the first time they access it.

Guest Editors and seeing their name when they are on the board

Both plans will allow you to invite external clients to edit boards with you using the Guest Editor feature. If those users first sign up for a free Miro account (or they have a paid plan themselves), then you will see their names on their cursors when they are on the board. If they do not have a Miro account (or are not signed in when they access your board), then they will be considered an Anonymous Guest Editor and you will not see their name. However, I wrote a post with a trick to get around this:

https://community.miro.com/best-practices-discussions-48/trick-show-the-real-name-of-an-anonymous-guest-editor-2515

in summary

I would say that if you want the flexibility of creating multiple Teams, then go with the Consultant Plan. If you don’t need that, go with the Team Plan.

Some links for you: