Answered

Which plan is best for courses

• 26 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I was reading through the different plans and am not sure which one is right for my company. I think we fall somewhere in between Consultant and Business but am not sure which plan is best for our set up.

We will be holding ongong 2-day training courses with up to 30 students and each course will have a new group of students each time. We would like to give the students access to the boards for their class up to 2 - 2 ½ weeks. What would be the best plan to use for that? 

If I read correctly one option would be to purchase the Consultant plan and invite them as Anonymous Guest Editors but we’re thinking we want a link that’s not public and we can see who using the boards for each class.

Is the Business Plan our only alternative? If so, do we purchase the amount of member licenses we think we’ll use and then add and remove students as needed?

Thank you! 

Lisa

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 26 May 2020, 23:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@MGS Trainer -

We do this with the Consultant plan.

You would add the students as “full users” but the licenses they use could be moved around from student to student once a course was completed. You would need to have only as many user licenses as the number of students being taught on any one day + your staff. Pay month-to-month for those and that would allow you to ramp up or ramp down the number of user licenses and will be cheaper than day passes as those get prohibitively expensive when you use them for a large number of folks or for a large number of days.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thank you for your answer. That clarifies a lot for me. I appreciate it!

Userlevel 1

@MGS Trainer -

We do this with the Consultant plan.

You would add the students as “full users” but the licenses they use could be moved around from student to student once a course was completed. You would need to have only as many user licenses as the number of students being taught on any one day + your staff. Pay month-to-month for those and that would allow you to ramp up or ramp down the number of user licenses and will be cheaper than day passes as those get prohibitively expensive when you use them for a large number of folks or for a large number of days.

Kiron

Is there any instruction for moving around seats? Tbh I find this quite confusing in the settings. Do I need them to remove from my team or my company or both to free the seat for another student?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim J. Peters -

Good question - my boss is the one who is doing it for our courses so I’m not sure which way he is doing it, but the simplest is likely to just deactivate them: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025025894-Deactivated-Users

Kiron

Interesting...so my trainer was looking at the Team plan and was asking if the Team plan (month to month) has the same capability/flexibility as the Consultant month to month plan in easily adding or subtracting full user licenses as needed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Not sure about that @MGS Trainer  - that would be a sales question for the Miro team. However, you don’t have the ability to setup multiple teams with the Team plan like you can with the Consultant one - that is a great way to segregate different clients and/or courses.

Kiron