Answered

Uploading PDFs to Miro Board with Images and Vector

• 15 September 2020
  • 2 replies

As an educator in architecture I am using Miro as a way for my students to present their work on individual frames.  Each student has a frame that they import pdfs onto.  It seems that their pdfs (embedded with vector drawings and images) are pixelated and will not load properly.  The pdfs being uploaded are 60”x 79”.   These pdfs are generated from Indesign from which they construct a layout.

If they export out to a jpg and upload to Miro, the image quality of the images and the linework of the vector drawings seem to be fine.  

Are there limits on pdfs that get uploaded to frames in Miro?  Please help

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 17 September 2020, 01:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Benjamin Peek - I was to take a look at the board with the sample PDFs (with embedded vector drawings and images). I found that, if I was just browsing the board while zoomed out from the PDFs (around 100-150%), the board reacted fine. However, to test your original complaint of the PDFs not load properly, I zoomed all of the way in (400%). To me, it seems that it finally did display in the high quality it should (see my screenshot to you in our private message), however, the board eventually becomes 100% non-responsive and I have to close my browser (the Windows 64-bit desktop app also completely locks up to an unusable state).

Further Help

At this point, I would suggest that you report this to the Miro Support & Help Center. While they may come back with bad news that these file/PDF types are not supported, at least you will know. They should also at the very least update the Uploading Files to Boards help article to note this limitation, therefore improving the user experience for potential users who are wasting time trying to figure out why this is not working. Do feel free to include the board URL and password that I share with you in your ticket to support - I’ll leave it in place for at least 3 months.

Wish List

If support doesn’t have an immediate fix and can’t tell you if one is in their backlog, you can always add this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Benjamin Peek. Where there have been some PDF issues over these past months - some related to external PDF viewers and some with the PDF creation libraries that Miro users, I haven’t seen an posts about PDFs never fully loading.

Looking at the Uploading Files to Boards help article, the only limitation I see that should affect PDFs would be the max file size (30 MB) which is not your issue. The article also states:

maximum image resolution is 32 MP

I’m not very familiar vector drawings and images embedded PDFs, but I wonder if maybe this could be causing the issue?

What I have also seen in Miro is sometimes PDFs taking a quite a while to fully load/come into focus.

A few questions:

• Have any of these trouble/pixelated PDFs loaded properly for you?
  • Do they load the same way for everyone?
  • Have you tried this from both a browser and a Miro desktop app?