Answered

To clarify who can see my boards...

• 16 September 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Experienced Community Member
  • 78 replies

I am evaluating Miro. I have created a board that I would like to share with someone to view only. If I share this single board with them, will they have access to my other two boards?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 16 September 2020, 19:35

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No they will only be able to view the board you have shared with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - And a follow-up note: If you have a Free Plan team, everyone on your team can view all boards - there are no private boards on the Free Plan team.

I presume you are referring to sharing the board link in View Only mode to someone who is not on your Miro Team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You may want to have a read of this post where I included some more information on Team/public/private board access:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/private-vs-shared-board-1897

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Robert Johnson I’m not sure what I have. I didn’t see anything about a team when I started. Is there more than one free plan? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I sent a link to someone to view. I would assume they are not part of a team.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I sent someone this:

I then changed that to No Access because I only wanted them to see the board I shared. I thought I read they might be able to see my other boards. 

That person then requested access:

Now I do not know if she would be able to see my other boards if I grant access. Those boards are unrelated. 

I do not want her as a team member. Just a viewer. She is not a user of Miro. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jtk.

First, to see what plan your team is a part of:

1. From your Miro dashboard, click on the settings gear icon beside the team name:

2. On the Team profile page you will see your plan type:

Now back to your screenshots…

You had it right by setting Anyone with the link → Can view. Then you copy the board link and send it to them. This is just a link to the board - they cannot see anything else related to your account/other boards/etc.

To test this, I just created a board and set the board’s Share settings to:

Here is the link - give it a try:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_klTxGEg=/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When you click on that link, you will be taken to my board.

Once you are on my board, if you click on miro at the top-left corner, you will be taken back to your Miro dashboard where you will see any teams that you are a member of. In your case, it sounds like you are likely just a member of one team, i.e., the team you created when you first created your Miro account profile.

For example, my Miro account profile was created using my Gmail address. Other Miro account holders have added me as a member of their team, so when I sign into Miro using my Gmail address, I see six teams that I am a member of:

These teams are a mix of Free Plan, Education Plan, and Consultant Plan.

When I click on one of them, I am taken to that teams dashboard and can see any boards that I have created or have been allowed to view/edit by the person who created the board (aka, the board Owner).

Rest assured, when you share a link to a board, the person you shared it with will not be able to see any of your other boards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Robert Johnson Thank you for the details in your answer. I saw you moving around on the board. That will take getting used to. :)

Based on that, I will grant her access to the board. The only thing that seemed different from what you have was your first example 1. 

Mine does not say “free” by the name. Mine says:

However, when I click on my name, inside I have this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - I actually named my team Free (Rob) as I have a number of teams that I am either a member or admin of, so I named them in a way that I can quickly remember if I am in a free or paid plan, therefore reminding me which features are available in the that team :grin: