Answered

Summon collaborators

• 8 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi there

Still new to this awesome tool, is there a way to auto-route / summon all collaborators to an area of the board?

Thanks!

Michael

icon

Best answer by mlanders 24 April 2020, 09:02

View original

9 replies

Hi,

I’m looking for the Summon feature too. I’ve looked everywhere for it and can’t find anything. Feels like a real gap and am considering moving to Mural for it. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Olly

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Olly and @Michael Blacklock 

I believe I shared this answer in another post here…

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/how-to-determine-where-a-user-enters-a-board-326

If you still have questions please feel free to ask :)

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for this. This is just start view though, right. In Mural you can summon people when they are already in a board working? Which is very helpful if you are facilitating and want to gather people around a particular view.

Thanks,

Olly

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Olly,

one thing I do often is I go into the frame view and tell the people “Now click on frame … “X” or “Y” please”.

The visitors of my board are following my instructions.

I know it is not the feauture your looking for, but it is at this moment a good workaround until miro has developed something similar that Mural offers.

Michael

Thanks, Michael.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

So I checked out the “follow” feature from Mural. Doesn’t look like something Miro has implemented (yet).

That is pretty cool, I get that it would be a helpful function for those who need their digital hands held while working :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Kyle,

same to me here.

I wish we have something like this in miro.

Hopfully the can implement something like this.

Michael

Userlevel 2
Badge

I really needed this yesterday - it was painful at times and I had to add extra frames just to get people approx in the right place. I use both Miro and Mural for different situations and it does feel like herding cats with Miro at times. If it wasn’t for the additional functionality of Miro due to their integrations (that in certain situations are critical), I’d be back to Mural like a shot as my main tool as Mural seems easier for non-expert users to get to grips with, and you feel more in control with Mural too. Please add this asap!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Matt Stocker @Michael Blacklock @Olly @Kyle.C ,

and everybody who is reading this thread in the future:

Do not know if you’ve been there, where you can vote for this. (Our Wishlist)

So please vote for this feature. Maybe it helps that we can get this earlier:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/follow-user-115

Michael