Answered

Sticky note "greyed out" / becomes inactive

• 30 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi

My team are all working remotely due to Covid and Miro has been so useful. However, a couple of people have encountered the same problem - they add a sticky note to the board we’re working on but it later becomes “greyed out” and inactive. Then no-one, including the author can edit it or even select it  - has anyone come across this? Any solutions? I don’t want our board to become a graveyard of dead stickies….    

Thanks 

Joanne

icon

Best answer by Hinna Scully 23 July 2020, 20:46

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanne Stevens -

I’ve never seen this behavior before - the greyed out behavior is normal if someone else is updating a shape but as soon as they stop updating it (e.g. click away), it should return to normal.

How are those folks accessing Miro - is it through a browser or desktop app? Have they confirmed their browser version is supported?

Kiron

HI Kiron 

They are all accessing Miro through a browser I think and it has only happened on one or two occasions, the rest of the times their sticky notes are fine…. 

Joanne 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joanne Stevens -

Sounds like it might be a “solar flare” (:joy: ) issue - if it becomes reproducible predictably, I’d suggest opening a Miro support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Hello!

@Joanne Stevens was this ever resolved? Just had the same issue and can’t seem to get this sticky deleted.

-Hinna

Just fixed it! I just cleared my cache. signed out and into Miro and the greyed out’ness is gone.

Today my entire miro board was “grayed out” as were boards of my teammates. Everything was un-editable. Similarly, I found that loging out, then back in, resolved the issue (without clearing my cache in this case). 

I just had this issue with a whole frame. It was loading in with all the components but nothing inside including the frame could be clicked. 

Attempted logout and in but that failed and I also had to clear all local/session/cookie storage for Miro to get it working again. 

This issue occurred when working with a Vertical Swimlane and the page froze so I tried to reload and then had the mentioned issue.