Answered

Sharing editable board using Education License

Userlevel 1

Hello! I am on Education License, but it seems like I can't share my board with public and enable those with the sharing link to Edit the board anymore. Is there something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Marina 2 June 2020, 12:16

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Xin Run Lee -

Can you post a screenshot of what shows up when you click your Share button in the top-right of your board?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

This is what I see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is odd - as the Anonymous Guest Editor capability is supposed to be available to those on the Education plan, I’d suggest contacting Miro support.

Can you try from a different access method (e.g. if you use Miro via the web browser, use the desktop app and see if there’s a different result)?

Kiron

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried both web browser and desktop app, and it’s the same. Anyway, thank you Kiron! I will contact Miro support. (:

Got the same question here

I have the exact same problem :( 

Hi everyone, I have the same problem here :( I hope they can tell us what happened

I have the exact problem when I try to share the public link with edit permission for any board in my educational account, a few days back it was working fine but since yesterday at least the option is  dimmed, and it ask to upgrade to be able to share with the edit option.

I created a trouble ticket, but they told me that it will take time because of the surge in demand for the app.

I have also a paid account and the functionality is working ok on that account.

Obviously it is something that is happening to several educational accounts, anyone knows any other mean to ask for help with this topic?

Mario

I am facing the same problem with my educational account. In my case, I can select "Can edit" on some boards, but not on newly created boards. 

I have the exact problem when I try to share the public link with edit permission for any board in my educational account, a few days back it was working fine but since yesterday at least the option is  dimmed, and it ask to upgrade to be able to share with the edit option.

I created a trouble ticket, but they told me that it will take time because of the surge in demand for the app.

I have also a paid account and the functionality is working ok on that account.

Obviously it is something that is happening to several educational accounts, anyone knows any other mean to ask for help with this topic?

Mario

I have the same problem. I could share some boards with public link (can edit) on 27th. May, but I could not this operation on 31th. May. I am also an education plan member. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

We are sorry you have encountered this bug. The tech team reported that the issue was fixed. Can you please check?

If you still experience any issues with the board sharing, please contact the Support Team at support@miro.com

Thank you Marina and Miro tech team.

I am very happy today!

Thank you, Marina! 
I could confirm that.
I sincerely appreciate your swift action.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Marina and the Miro Support Team! (: Thank you! Yay!