Playing embedded video on "Bring Everyone to Me" or "Following" mode

• 1 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Is there any way to play an embedded video on the guest screen when they are following me or I bring everyone to me.  The presentation goes as expected, navigating all of them to what I see and transition between slides, but no video play on their screen, everyone has to press the play button on their own and the presentation is no longer synced.  Thaks for your help!

Isman Tanuri 3 years ago

@Shin Sano @Paul Peacock At the moment, you can’t do a real-time-everybody-watch-video-together in Miro as the videos are not hosted in Miro. They will be streamed independently only when the user clicks play.

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Shin Sano -

Are you using the screen sharing option in Miro when you are playing the video? Another thing to consider is depending on the bandwidth limitations each user has, I’ve found it easier to have them individually play the videos from their own boards to avoid any lags in the playing.

Kiron

Hi Kiron, thanks for the tipes  No, I am not sharing the screen, so they are still looking at their own board, but “following” me.  This way the resolution won’t be compromised compare to looking at the copy of my screen.  As you pointed out it won’t be dependent on my speed because they are basically looking at their own browser.  This time the other party, my client, is a group of people who are in the auditorium, so if they have to press play button, someone has to stick with a computer.  Since all other part (transition between frames) happens as I operate (because they are following my screen), it would be odd they have to do something only on the frame with a video.

I’m having a similar issue. Can I play a video so everyone can watch it and comment on it at the same time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Shin Sano @Paul Peacock At the moment, you can’t do a real-time-everybody-watch-video-together in Miro as the videos are not hosted in Miro. They will be streamed independently only when the user clicks play.