Answered

Play and pause a video that is embedded on a Miro board while using other Miro features

• 24 June 2020
  • 2 replies

When I play a video that is embedded on a Miro board, if I click outside of the video frame, the video stops playing and goes back to the start.

Is there a way to watch a video embedded on a board while working on the board at the same time? Or, can I pause the video, work on the Miro board, then come back to the video, press play, and have it continue playing from where I left off?

This would be helpful for learning a new method or running training via a Miro board. You watch a step demonstrated in the video, pause the video, practice the step yourself on the board, then return to the video to watch the next step. Is there any way this is possible in Miro today?

icon

Best answer by Isman Tanuri 24 June 2020, 05:59

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dharawan from my own experience, this is not possible (yet). The workaround is to really go to where the video is hosted. 

yeah, this is really cumbersome because it would be highly useful as you could watch a video while doing something, or answering something while playing it. I really wish Miro developers could find a workaround, perhaps an internal play,pause button. 

The main problem I have is that when you click away within Miro, the video doesn’t even pause, it completely restarts and you have to click to load it again and play it from the beginning, then find the minute and secund where the video stopped playing.

As a teacher I would like to use this feature, but I think it creates more problems as it is frustrating for my students and I end up just sharing a video link instead.

I think this has to do with the video players from the original source and not miro itself, I think this happens in google presentations as well…. so…

I haven’t got the time to mess around with this, but I think there might be a solution or a work around with embedded video instructions in coding, but I really do not know for sure.

all I found was this, but haven’t got time to check it out, so perhaps it may help someone else.
YouTube Embedded Players and Player Parameters  |  YouTube IFrame Player API  |  Google Developers