Answered

Personal dashboard showing instead of my work dashboard.

• 2 September 2020
  • 7 replies

It doesn’t matter which browser or laptop I sign in on or which account I use, I only see my personal projects (in a free miro account). I should be able to see my work projects and teams when I SSO for work - but I only see my personal projects.

Ideas?

icon

Best answer by len 14 September 2020, 22:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@len Have you tried signing off your free Miro account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@len There is a lot of information that you have left out, e.g., has this ever worked for you? Is this currently set up and working for other users in your organization? Has someone at your organization worked with Miro support on this? 

If you haven’t already, I suggest that you read through the following Miro Help Center articles:

If either of these do not help you, you or someone in your organization should Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center as all SSO capable Miro plans (Business and Enterprise) come with at least email support. This approach should help you to resolve your issue much quicker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@len And of course as my spouse is waiting for me to watch Drag Race with her, I'm still thinking  about this post haha.

When you mention "personal projects" in your "free miro account", if you are referring to your personal boards in a Free Plan team, and if you happened to be using a free email service for that account, that could be your issue as I see the following note in the first help article from my previous comment:

"Public domains (e.g. @gmail.com, @outlook.com, etc.) are not allowed."

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @len,

I assume you haven’t switched between your teams (dashboards). You can switch between the teams by clicking the square icons on the left-side panel.

Just in case, you can check out the handy video describing the basics of organising your account.

Looks like these replies got stuck in my spam filter - so I’ll do my best to fill in the gaps of my request and update you on my efforts to follow your advice:

@Isman Tanuri - I signed out of my personal Miro account a few weeks ago about the time we got SSO implementation at the office. Oddly, when I click on my avatar it shows me signed in with my work email address, but the dashboard only shows my personal boards.

@Robert Johnson

• has this ever worked for you? yes. I’ve been able to sign out of one account and in to the other pretty easily from multiple browsers on different laptops.
  • Is this currently set up and working for other users in your organization?  Couldn’t tell you how many others have more than one Miro board, but I do know of at least one other team mate who doesn’t have this issue.
  • Has someone at your organization worked with Miro support on this?  No. I’d rather solve it myself since the org-level support team doesn’t have much experience with Miro.
  • The SSO articles don’t address my issue, but they do confirm that I’m signing in correctly. 
  • My personal boards are in a free miro account that I’ve been using my gmail account for years now. Could that now be an issue with SSO? If so, how?  (Hope Drag Race was watched and enjoyed :) )

@Marina I don’t have any teams available to switch between. I see my personal team, but I don’t see any of my work teams.

Thanks for all the questions guys. The help is appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@len - Yes, it was Canada’s Drag Race and it was spectacular!

I do not have an personal experience with SSO and my organization does not have it set up with Miro.

First, I wanted to share a graphic I have created to assist with clarifying the difference between

• a Miro Account/Profile → Teams → Projects → Boards:

With that out there and from your reply, when you sign in to your work Miro account, you see

1. One Team, e.g., Team Len
  2. And two boards, e.g.
    1. Len’s Board 1
    2. Len’s Board 2

This could be completely normal for your organizations set up. I have not seen a Business or  Enterprise Plan Permissions settings before, but it is anything like the Consultant or Education Plan dashboard, your Miro account administrator could have the following defaults set:

What could have happened is that someone set up a team, e.g., Team Len, and added you to it and you created two boards in it. If you want to see other teams, you will need to contact a team admin for that team and ask to be added.

Again, not being sure how the Enterprise or Business plan works, you may be a Team Admin for Team Len. To check this and see if there is anyone else on your team, from your dashboard

1. click on the team settings cog at the top-left  corner of your screen:
  2. Click on Users
  3. As you can see in my example, I am the only team member and I am the Team Admin, so if I were in your situation, I should be able to add anyone in my/your organization who is also an SSO user:

If you know who in your organization has the highest level administrative power for your organization’s Enterprise Plan, I would suggest that you reach out to this person and see if they could walk through some of this for 10-15 minutes and you could learn more about his together.

I completely restarted the browser and I see the left panel with other teams in it now. Wow. That took way too much time to figure out. 

I can now go between the three teams I work with.

Thanks for all the write ups. It was helpful.

Had to google Canada’s Drag Race - sounds like it was a blast this year.