Answered

Optimize images or locate large images?

• 1 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there any way to (after creating the board) optimize uploaded images on a board? Say, for example, that I’d carefully uploaded 100 images that turned out to be a bit larger than they needed to be - is there a feature that’d let me resize those on the server side, instead of hand resizing them all and uploading each one and re-placing them?

icon

Best answer by Marina 8 June 2020, 08:05

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @simonmaxhill,

Do you mean you want to resize the uploaded images? If this is the case, you can select multiple objects and resize them all in one move.

Also, with the smart alight feature, you can easily align and distribute the selected objects on the board. Hope that helps!

not scale images, but reduce the size to optimize them for the web. 
example: you could be copy pasting images from google, one images is 5K, you only need 500px. miro should be able to use proxy images with reduced resolution to make a more effective UX. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roei Tzoref -

There is no way to do this natively in Miro at present. There is an existing wish list topic here (https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/automatically-reduce-the-resolution-of-images-over-32-megapixels-1599) which you could upvote and/or amend to cover your use case.

Kiron

thank you Kiron, yes I already did. I wonder why only 7 votes, I guess people don’t realize how things can get bogged down with enough res. which is kinda of wasteful since you don’t really need that high resolution. a proxy mode would be very cool. 

thank you Kiron, yes I already did. I wonder why only 7 votes, I guess people don’t realize how things can get bogged down with enough res. which is kinda of wasteful since you don’t really need that high resolution. a proxy mode would be very cool. 

I’m sure that something like this would have been upvoted on improving speed/performance NOT image resolution/compression, most people wouldn’t realize how big files get, especially if they copy/paste from another browser tab without viewing file details. 

Just an FYI, someone in the Figma community solved this for Figma a couple of years ago. https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/869495400795251845/Downsize - maybe there is a Miro developer who could port this for Miro. Downsize is essential to my Figma work, I love it!

Badge +1

Hey, I am currently working on an App that is partly solving this issue - among others - concerning the responsiveness and usability when inputing images or pdfs. I will keep you posted on the progress.