Answered

No way to extract pages on Education Plan

Userlevel 2

Hello all of you.

I would like to extract pages from pdf, but I can’t. I use the desktop app and have a team plan, but the option extract pages in contextual menu doesn’t appear the way it should  (see below).
Any idea ?

Thank you have a nice day

Olivier

icon

Best answer by Marina 11 June 2020, 13:49

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Olivier Gaume -

Can you clarify the question - is it that the extract pages icon is visible but when you click it you are not getting the pages extracted or is it not appearing at all (or is greyed out)?

Kiron

Userlevel 2

Thank you Kiron for taking care of my problem. Excuse me for my english which is not my mother language...

The extract page icon is not appearing at all.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks

Olivier

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Olivier Gaume -

Make sure your cursor shows the arrow (Select) and not the hand. With the former, the extract pages icon shows up whereas with the latter it won’t. I confirmed this in both the desktop app and the web browser app.

Cursor as “hand”

Cursor as “arrow”

Kiron

Userlevel 2

No way, see below. I tried other navigation mode but It didn’t change anything.
Her a link to a test board with write authorization if ncessary

Thank you for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Oliver,

have you tried it with a Browser instead with the Desktop App.

In some cases the app is not working like it should.

What if you try it via Google Chrome or via Firefox and try it with this.

What is the result?

Michael

Userlevel 2

Hi Michael I just tried the three: app, googlechrome and firefox. it’s the same for three. May be it’besause e of my free educational account that Miro has granted very nicely to me ?

Thank you for help Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all, let me jump in here.

@Olivier Gaume, you are right - the feature to extract pages is not available on the Education plan :pensive:

Userlevel 2

Thank you Marina , Michael and Kiron . I’ll do without. I’m so happy to be able to use this wonderful tool with my students. They do appreciate too.
Have nice days take care oy you

Olivier

Hi all, let me jump in here.

@Olivier Gaume, you are right - the feature to extract pages is not available on the Education plan :pensive:

Wow, OK, this is a disaster! I got the upgrade to Education but now I can’t use Miro anymore for education. I literally use Miro to present to my classes online as an interactive whiteboard. Now I need to put pages in one by one, which means LOTS of extra work in exporting PPTs and PDFs to JPGS (cause it’s the only export that produces individual files) and then moving them in to Miro one by one. This really doesn’t make sense, Miro! It’s not how teachers use your product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Bart Lubaszka :

So, there is a workaround:

Using a free-account makes it still possible to extract pages out of an PDF-file.

Logging in in both accounts.

Extracting the pages in the free account.

Copying and swichting to your educational account and pasting the pages.

This should work.

I know it is not the best way, but one solution to a problem maybe.

Michael

@Bart Lubaszka :

So, there is a workaround:

Using a free-account makes it still possible to extract pages out of an PDF-file.

Logging in in both accounts.

Extracting the pages in the free account.

Copying and swichting to your educational account and pasting the pages.

This should work.

I know it is not the best way, but one solution to a problem maybe.

Michael

Hi,

That’s a good idea but I can’t paste it in when logging into my Ed account. I can’t paste it into the app. I can’t paste it into another browser. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Bart,

try the following:

Login into both accounts and tell the educational account:

Invite your free account or vice versa. And then copy and paste should be possible

Does it work?

Michael

What do you mean by invite? If I share the board with the other account then neither account can expand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Bart,

sorry of course i ment: The shared board.

Here is a graphic:

Is there any way to see your accounts this way?

So in my accounts:
If I click into My First Board of the Free plan and copy something

into my Counsultant plan account into the Version 3rdMarch2020 Board everything is visible.

Does this work?

Michael

Userlevel 2

Michael, it works ! Great ! I tried many way to share copy move to my educational team from free account. To summary for you Bart, I think you need to invite yourself (as a free user) in your educational team, then from your free account you need to move the board to your educational team account see attached jpg below.

So grateful Michael !

Olivier

Hello,

Same problem here. I am on Educational plan and I do not have the most important of features: expand pages.

Can’t this be changed, please? If it is available to free users, surely it should be available to us.

I am actually looking to alternative (ex: Kinaps) to Miro just because of this!

Seems a shame.

Hello,

thanks for asking this question. I am a teacher too. I am very thank full for the educational accout. but this feature is important and it would be great if it could be included.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Anuyni and @marks_99 :

You could contact support@miro.com  and tell them what is your special need.

Maybe have one of your educational people that gets special rights and maybe they can create a special offer for you.

My guess is that there could be some things created if you ask them.

Michael

OK Michael. Thank you.

I contacted them. But no reply yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

:tada: I just wanted to let you know that we’ve released the feature to Extract pages for the Education Plan as well. Can you please check if everything works as expected?

@Olivier Gaume @Bart Lubaszka @Anuyni @marks_99 @Matthias Miller @Kevin LE FEVRE 

Dear @Marina ,

It works like a charm (pdf, ppt, portrait/landscape)

in the Education Plan :notes:

Thank you all!

Userlevel 2

Dear@Marina ,

very nice , it works perfectly with pdf on chrome, firefox and desktop app.
It will simplify a lot my job…
Great! Thanks a lot to all of us

Olivier

That is much appreciated. Thank you!