Answered

My clients (workshop participant and team members) can invite anyone they want and I will be charged?

• 10 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Still new to Miro and love so much of the functionality but some things really baffle me. I’m a consultant and am working with a client team on a month-long project (hence monthly passes work best. Monthly passes, to my knowledge, can only be extended to team members, which is fine. However, as a Team member, individuals (non account administrators) can “Invite Members” to join the team - thus extending full licensure to individuals at will (and potentially without our – the consulting firm's – knowledge or approval.  When they click the blue button at the Top to “Invite Members,” they can enter an email and extend the invitation, which would result in a charge for the account owner, and also possibly open up participation to a broader set of users then intended.   

Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by Marina 17 April 2020, 13:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @David Culton,

You can actually restrict the option for your team members to invite other users to your team. Configure the invitation settings in ⚙️team settings > Permissions > Only team admins.

Hope that helps!

By the way, our new feature - anonymous Guest Editors - is live!

Userlevel 2

Thanks Marina! This is really helpful. I’m wishing that all of the user-related settings were in one place (at the subscribing company level in one or at most 2 locations (e.g. Users & Access) vs. in users (at the company level), permissions (at the company level), in the Team, in the Board itself (which seems to be the only place I can toggle Day Pass users to View or Comment only (taking them out of play for billing purposes). This is a lot of places to learn about!