Answered

Missing Sticky Notes tool in the toolbar

• 11 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Last week, while facilitating a learning session in Miro, a participant flagged to me about "Sticky Notes gone missing." I wasn't sure what to belief. But it did indeed happen. See screenshot.

"Missing Sticky Notes tool"

Has anybody else experienced this before? If so, what was the "remedy"?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 11 May 2020, 14:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isman Tanuri -

I’m assuming you tried to Undo and/or checked the activity log to see if there was any audit trail on their disappearance?

Also, are those boxes frames or shapes? If they are shapes, could someone have just brought them forward and masked the stickies under them?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kiron Bondale It's not Sticky Notes that are missing. It's the Sticky Notes tool that is missing from the tool bar (see screenshot) 😂 My bad, I wasn't clear in my question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Isman Tanuri -

No worries - any chance they dragged the icon for the Sticky Notes tool from the toolbar to the “...” pop-up tray? If you click on that “...” icon, do you see the “Sticky Note / N” item showing up in it (see below)?

If so, it could then be dragged from there back into the toolbar…

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is entirely very possible! I didn't even realise the tool icons are dragable. I'll advise my participant. 

Thanks a lot, Kiron!

A participant recently experienced the missing tool bar Stick Note Tool - icon was just not there, although there was a white space where the sticky tool should have been.

Clicking the white blank area did nothing; however using the keyboard shortcut ‘n’ produced the sticky fly out.

Participant did not have the sticky tool in the ‘...’ palette.

We tried browser refresh, quit, etc. Nothing fixed it. We fell back to keyboard short cut.

Curious… any other reports of this odd behavior of the sticky tool in the tool bar?

Participant reported that they did not have the sticky tool in the ‘...’ palette.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@andy cleff -

I’d suggest the next time this happens you take a short video using Loom or a similar tool and then contact Miro support via Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center. I’ve never had this happen in the workshops I’ve delivered.

Kiron

I just had the sticky notes icon disappear from the toolbar (version 0.5.5), just a blank space where the icon was. The app was not listed in the apps option.   

Restarting Miro resolved the problem.