Answered

Miro login password not the same as board password so can't access my board, I'm new at this

• 27 October 2020
  • 5 replies

I can’t access my Miro board, didn’t realise that it was password protected and my Miro login password is not the password so now I’m stuck.  Very new at this so just finding my way through.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 27 October 2020, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lili Lemalu - If you are being greeted with a password, then the board is in public edit/Guest Editor mode with a password and it sounds like you are either not the board owner or are not signed into the account to which the board belongs to.

If you are signed in, you will see:

If you are not signed in, you will see:

Are you see the first or second image?

If you are in fact not the board owner, you will need to contact the board owner to request the password.

I am signed in as lili.l@thecausecollective.org.nz but still can’t access the board as my login password doesn’t give me access. Would really appreciate your assistance to find a way to access my board.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Did you create this board in your paid Miro account and are the board owner?

When you login to your Miro account using your @thecausecollective.org.nz  email address, so you see this board in your All boards list of boards? Or are you access this board from someone who shared a link with you?

Actually, the more I think about this, it sounds like you are not the owner of this board. If you are not familiar with password protected guest editor boards, you can set a board’s sharing settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit and then add a password. That is what someone has done with this board. It is whatever password they chose and not your Miro account password. You will need to ask the board owner for the board password.

Ok thank you @Robert Johnson I’ll go in and have a look at how I set myself up, may just have to restart as it may default to a meeting I had previously under a different email.

Thank you again for your time and assistance.

Regards

Lili 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Glad to help @Lili Lemalu! I’m glad we could sort this out together.