Mind Map spacing issues

• 19 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

My spacing is way too wide on my mind map. When I try to manually resize, it auto-corrects itself to where it was before. I am not sure how to make the spacing smaller. Any ideas? TIA 

The desired spacing option
What I have now

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jesca Bardney,

Thanks for your feedback!

I’m afraid this is expected for now as this is how the Align child nodes feature works. But I’ve pitched this feedback to the Product team.

Can I undo ‘Align child nodes’?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can undo it as any action on the board:

Please note: You can Undo and Redo up to 30 actions in Miro during the current session. If you refresh the page or re-open your board, these commands will be unavailable.

I wouldn’t mind (excuse the pun) if the mindmap could look a bit more compact such as in other dedicated mindmap apps like MindMeister, which lays out its child nodes more tightly around neighbouring branches.  Also, there’s too much margin space inside the shape creating too much visual space, when all you want is to read as much text & images as possible and clear node relationships.  For now, MindMeister is my preferred mindmap tool and Miro for anything else.  Thanks.

Userlevel 2

Can you turn off the auto-spacing so the map items stay where you put them?

The buffer zone around items is way too generous. It makes it impossible to have a dense / compact mind map.

Userlevel 2

I just made a wish list item for this:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/more-compact-mind-map-adjustable-spacing-buffer-6805