Answered

Managing (deleting and editing) custom templates

• 1 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

Does anyone know how you can edit an already made custom template and/or delete it?

icon

Best answer by mlanders 1 April 2020, 18:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Gittan,

here there you can find how you can delete and edit them:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572134-Templates

Michael

Thanks, I found it! Although the menu in the top right corner of my templates isn’t visible somehow… But if I click there, it does show edit/delete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Gittan,

maybe because of your internet connection.

If it is still a case on every time of the day I would contact support@miro.com 

Michael

I’m trying to delete a custom template but the “...” menu is not available when I mouse over the template.  Here is a screen shot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JOHN TIDWELL -

Is this a template which you have created or are the owner for? 

Kiron

Hi @Kiron Bondale  - I created it and I should be the owner of it too.  Is there a way I can check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JOHN TIDWELL -

I’m assuming you are trying to delete it from the Template Picker via the “Choose a template” from a board. 

Can you try to do the same by saving a new template which would give you a chance to launch the Template Picker as well. See if you can delete the old template from that context as I believe I ran into a situation similar to yours where I was able to delete it that way…

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

I just tried that and still No luck :( 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

~Brandon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JOHN TIDWELL -

Does it show the edit/delete options if you create a new custom template, Brandon? Are you the company Miro admin? If not, you might ask that person if they could delete it for you assuming it is a shared custom template and not just a personal one.

Kiron