Answered

Making pencil default input

• 13 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Can you make the default input for writing a sticky note etc the apple pencil. At the moment every time you click on a stick the keyboard appears and you have to change mode for every sticky which can be infuriating. Miro is a great tool in part becaus of the pencil so if you can atune it to pencil use that would be great.

icon

Best answer by Tolya Filippov 15 September 2020, 13:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DannyB - I don’t believe this is currently possible - in fact, there is a lot of buzz on the forum about this topic. I would suggest that you get loud and make your thoughts heard by adding your

And, of course, if any of those Ideas don’t capture what you're wanting to do in Miro, you can always add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

When reviewing the Tablet App help article, Miro notes:

You can use any type of pen tools on a tablet - Apple Pencil, Surface Pen, Samsung S Pen, etc. However, a special navigation mode for digital pens has not been implemented yet.

Hopefully they will include an option to set your default input method. Yep - this is definitely worth posting a Wish List Idea :relaxed:

@DannyB - If you do post an Idea, please do paste the link to it is this post, so that myself and any other viewers can add our votes!

Userlevel 4

Hi @DannyB , this behavior should work on iPadOS 14 with the iPad Scribble feature. If you create a sticky note with your Pencil, then the keyboard won’t appear and you’ll be able to hand-write with Pencil on a sticky. Then handwritten text will be transformed into editable text.

We have some issues with this on iPadOS 14 Beta, and I can’t give the exact ETA to support it, but we are aware of it and working on it.

Userlevel 1

Sounds good. Hopefully we get the choice as to whether to convert it. One of the joys of this tool is using the pen on sticky’s and keeping it handwritten.

I agree - conversion of handwritten sticky note to text is not the desired behaviour. I I don't use sticky notes in miro due to this limitation.